London Skolars set for Capital Challenge Trophy clash with Wigan Warriors
- Credit: Archant
London Skolars will face 2018 Super League Champions Wigan Warriors for the 2020 Capital Challenge Trophy on Friday.
This game, held at the Honourable Artillery Company, has become a permanent fixture on London's sporting calendar and marks the traditional opening event of the rugby league year.
The guest speaker this year is former Wigan Warriors, Ireland and Great Britain representative Barrie McDermott.
London Skolars CEO Hector McNeil said: "The event is a great way for the club to connect with its sponsors and the people of London.
"It is also a wonderful opportunity to showcase rugby league in the capital.
You may also want to watch:
"Once again we are grateful to Wigan Warriors for their continued support of both the club and the event.
"Wigan have been a long-time supporter of rugby league in London and we have grown a strong relationship both on and off the field with them which we are looking forward to continuing."
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives