London Skolars 30 West Wales Raiders 10: Skolars secure success in final pre-season friendly
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: London Skolars 30 West Wales Raiders 10
London Skolars had a fine end to their pre-season campaign with a 30-10 victory over fellow Betfred League One side West Wales Raiders in their last friendly before the new term.
The match was played at the Trailfinders Sports Ground ahead of London Broncos’ Betfred Championship clash at home to Barrow.
With two weeks before the start of the season, Skolars coach Jermaine Coleman used the game to look over a number of youngsters that had missed out in the first two pre-season friendlies.
However, it was an experienced player that caught the eye early in the game, with Neil Thorman returning to the club after a six-year absence.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old set up London’s first two tries, first pushing a long pass out to Jerome Yates, who broke the defence before cutting inside and offloading to Phil Lyon to open the scoring.
Soon after, Thorman moved the ball out to the other wing, this time opening a gap for Omari Caro to stroll over.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
Raiders then had a period of attack that led to prop Morgan Evans breaking through the defence.
Skipper Louis Robinson scored Skolars’ third try before half-time and the capital club extended their lead early in the second half.
Caro slipped the ball out to Seb Kolasa on the wing to cross, but the subsequent conversion from the former hit the posts.
Charlie and Alfie Lawrence combined to release Jordan Williams, who scored down the left for London.
Charlie Lawrence added his name to the scoresheet soon after, taking a return pass from Robinson.
After a long stoppage for West Wales’ Mark Asquith to be stretchered off with a dislocated knee-cap, Evans added his second try of the match for Raiders.
Skolars went close twice in the last few minutes with Caro being pushed into touch in-goal, before Lamont Bryan was held up over the line as London were unable to add to score.
It was a superb end to the pre-season matches for Skolars, who begin the new Betfred League One season on February 18 when they make the trip to tackle North Wales Crusaders.