Late sting in the tale is a real bonus as Belsize Park beat Wasps
- Credit: Archant
Ben Parker scored Belsize Park’s fourth try with the last play of the game as the hosts secured a bonus point in a 28-10 victory against Wasps, which took them up into second place in London North-West Division Three.
The home side got off to a wobbly start, losing two of their own scrums, but they scored the first points as Rob Hooper slotted a penalty from just shy of the halfway line.
Wasps went into the lead, scoring the opening try against the run of play, but Belsize regained the initiative and responded with a try of their own.
Captain Tom House stole the ball at the line-out and then popped up on the outside of John Corellis two phases later to take the ball and slide over from five yards out.
The conversion was missed but BP were soon at the try-line again, with Nathan Ladd playing a short ball to man of the match Miran Serdarevich, who bounced his opposite man over the line to score.
You may also want to watch:
The conversion was missed again and Wasps took advantage of a fumble to score their second try of the match, narrowing the gap to 13-10 at half-time.
But Richard Wilson scored a penalty in front of the posts and, although BP lost Hooper to a dislocated shoulder, Wilson and James Sale combined to set up Will Allen, who arrived at speed to touch down and put the hosts 21-10 up.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 7 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
Belsize had the bit between their teeth and, with three minutes left, they won a scrum deep in the Wasps 22. Again it was the Wilson-Sale combo that created space, and Parker was the beneficiary out wide as he scored the fourth try, while Wilson added the conversion.