Ofori through to semi-finals of golden contract tournament
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Tottenham’s Jeff Ofori has made it through to the semi-final of the MTK Global Golden Contract super-lightweight tournament.
Ofori was told just a day before the event, which was held at York Hall in Bethnal Green, that there was a vacant place in the quarter-final.
He was last in the ring a week ago at the Liverpool Olympia when he caused an upset by outpointing the unbeaten Ged Carroll and has won ten of his 11 professional fights.
Ofori was matched against Kieran Gething who had a height and reach advantage over him.
The Tottenham boxer was able to get under the long jabs of his opponent. with the judges scoring it as 96-95 to Gething, 96-94 to Ofori and the third gave it as a 95-95 draw.
You may also want to watch:
It meant the decision was forced to go to referee Kieran McCann, who had Ofori as the winner.
The other three boxers in the semi-finals are Ohara Davies, Tyrone McKenna and Mohammed Mimoune.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 4 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 7 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 8 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit