Willstrop clinches London Open Squash Championships title for second year running
- Credit: Archant
James Willstrop won the London Open Squash Championships title for the second year running on Sunday.
Despite losing the first game 11-8, he fought back to beat Patrick Rooney 3-1 thanks to scores of 11-6, 11-7 and 11-6 in a match which lasted just over an hour.
In the women's final, the USA's Sabrina Sobhy beat England's Jasmine Hutton 3-0 with scores of 11-4, 11-5 and 11-2, with the match lasting 35 minutes.
Organiser Zubair Khan hailed the event as a great success.
He said: "It's been great week with some great matches.
You may also want to watch:
"Sunday was a nice day with a fully booked crowd to enjoy the matches."
The tournament was hosted at Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club with prize money of $24,000 being handed to the winners.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 9 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 10 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
Former world number one Willstrop was top seed for this year's tournament and duly delivered.