Itoje commits long-term to Saracens
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Maro Itoje has joined the raft of England internationals to commit their long-term future to Saracens despite the club’s relegation to the Championship.
The 25-year-old lock follows brothers Billy and Mako Vunipola, Owen Farrell, Jamie George and Elliot Daly in prolonging his stay at Allianz Park.
Saracens will play in the second tier next season after a points deduction for breaching salary cap regulations.
Itoje has enjoyed great success with Saracens since making his senior debut in 2013, helping the club win four Premiership titles and three European Cups.
“I’m massively excited to be a part of this club,” he told Saracens’ official website. “I’ve been part of Saracens since I was 14-years-old, and we’ve had some great memories.
You may also want to watch:
“The culture at Saracens is second to none and I think that’s evident for everyone to see.
“I’m really looking forward to the future; the future is going to be brighter than our past. The future is in our hands and we have the power to shape our own destiny.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 6 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 9 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
Director of Rugby Mark McCall added: “From his early days in our academy, to being part of the club’s biggest moments, Maro has been a vital member of the Saracens project and we are thrilled he is committing to Saracens.
“On and off the field, Maro is a diligent, professional and thoughtful individual, who sets the example of what it means to use every opportunity you are given to improve.
“At 25, it is very exciting to think where he can take his game, this team and our club in the future.”