Isthmian Premier: Wingate & Finchley sign former Wealdstone defender Wes Parker
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Blues move for experienced defender
Wingate & Finchley have strengthened their defence with the signing of Wes Parker ahead of the new Isthmian Premier season.
The 33-year-old arrives from National League South outfit Wealdstone, where he had played since 2010.
During his time with Stones, Parker was part of the squad that lifted the Isthmian Premier title in 2014.
The experienced centre-back was partnered Sean Cronin at the back in that title win, and the pair will link up again next season as part of the Blues’ defence.
You may also want to watch:
Parker began his career with Grimsby Town for whom he made nine league appearances before departing in 2004.
Since then, Parker has gone on to represent Gainsborough Trinity and Boston United before his move south to join Wealdstone in 2010.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 10 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
Parker will not be the only new face at the Maurice Rebak Stadium ahead of the new season, with Wingate expected to confirm more signings shortly as Kevin Rowland builds his squad.