Isthmian Premier: Wingate & Finchley sign former Wealdstone defender Wes Parker
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Blues move for experienced defender
Wingate & Finchley have strengthened their defence with the signing of Wes Parker ahead of the new Isthmian Premier season.
The 33-year-old arrives from National League South outfit Wealdstone, where he had played since 2010.
During his time with Stones, Parker was part of the squad that lifted the Isthmian Premier title in 2014.
The experienced centre-back was partnered Sean Cronin at the back in that title win, and the pair will link up again next season as part of the Blues’ defence.
You may also want to watch:
Parker began his career with Grimsby Town for whom he made nine league appearances before departing in 2004.
Since then, Parker has gone on to represent Gainsborough Trinity and Boston United before his move south to join Wealdstone in 2010.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
Parker will not be the only new face at the Maurice Rebak Stadium ahead of the new season, with Wingate expected to confirm more signings shortly as Kevin Rowland builds his squad.