Isthmian Premier: Wingate & Finchley sign former Wealdstone defender Wes Parker
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Blues move for experienced defender
Wingate & Finchley have strengthened their defence with the signing of Wes Parker ahead of the new Isthmian Premier season.
The 33-year-old arrives from National League South outfit Wealdstone, where he had played since 2010.
During his time with Stones, Parker was part of the squad that lifted the Isthmian Premier title in 2014.
The experienced centre-back was partnered Sean Cronin at the back in that title win, and the pair will link up again next season as part of the Blues’ defence.
Parker began his career with Grimsby Town for whom he made nine league appearances before departing in 2004.
Since then, Parker has gone on to represent Gainsborough Trinity and Boston United before his move south to join Wealdstone in 2010.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 5 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 6 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 7 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 8 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 9 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 10 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
Parker will not be the only new face at the Maurice Rebak Stadium ahead of the new season, with Wingate expected to confirm more signings shortly as Kevin Rowland builds his squad.