Isthmian Premier: Wingate & Finchley sign former Wealdstone defender Wes Parker
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Blues move for experienced defender
Wingate & Finchley have strengthened their defence with the signing of Wes Parker ahead of the new Isthmian Premier season.
The 33-year-old arrives from National League South outfit Wealdstone, where he had played since 2010.
During his time with Stones, Parker was part of the squad that lifted the Isthmian Premier title in 2014.
The experienced centre-back was partnered Sean Cronin at the back in that title win, and the pair will link up again next season as part of the Blues’ defence.
You may also want to watch:
Parker began his career with Grimsby Town for whom he made nine league appearances before departing in 2004.
Since then, Parker has gone on to represent Gainsborough Trinity and Boston United before his move south to join Wealdstone in 2010.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 5 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
Parker will not be the only new face at the Maurice Rebak Stadium ahead of the new season, with Wingate expected to confirm more signings shortly as Kevin Rowland builds his squad.