Isthmian Premier: Wingate & Finchley sign former Wealdstone defender Wes Parker
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Blues move for experienced defender
Wingate & Finchley have strengthened their defence with the signing of Wes Parker ahead of the new Isthmian Premier season.
The 33-year-old arrives from National League South outfit Wealdstone, where he had played since 2010.
During his time with Stones, Parker was part of the squad that lifted the Isthmian Premier title in 2014.
The experienced centre-back was partnered Sean Cronin at the back in that title win, and the pair will link up again next season as part of the Blues’ defence.
You may also want to watch:
Parker began his career with Grimsby Town for whom he made nine league appearances before departing in 2004.
Since then, Parker has gone on to represent Gainsborough Trinity and Boston United before his move south to join Wealdstone in 2010.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
Parker will not be the only new face at the Maurice Rebak Stadium ahead of the new season, with Wingate expected to confirm more signings shortly as Kevin Rowland builds his squad.