Isthmian Premier: Wingate & Finchley defeat Hanwell Town in charity match for Billy Healey
- Credit: Archant
Keith Rowland’s team will aim to earn more success this evening away to Isthmian North outfit Cheshunt
Wingate & Finchley kept up their good pre-season form with another win on Saturday and raised some money for a former player in the process.
Keith Rowland’s team earned a 1-0 victory at Hanwell Town on a memorable day for both clubs.
The match was arranged for forward Billy Healey after he suffered a serious injury earlier this year while on loan at Town from Wingate.
Healey received a guard of honour before the fixture and all proceeds on the day went to the popular striker.
You may also want to watch:
It was Wingate who started brightly with Ben Pattie and Rob Laney both going close in the opening stages.
Afolabi Obafemi arguably should have done better midway through the half when he rounded Hanwell goalkeeper Xavi Leon Comas, but couldn’t find the net.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
The hosts hit back though, with Harvey Killeen smashing an effort against the post before the only goal of the game was scored.
Obafemi was denied by Comas, yet Reece Beckles-Richards was on hand to fire in from a tight angle.
Despite both teams creating more chances, it remained 1-0 to Wingate to hand Rowland’s side another victory.
Next up for the north London outfit is a trip to Cheshunt this evening for a 7.45pm kick-off.