Isthmian Premier: Hornchurch lose, Haringey win, and Wingate nab a draw
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Hornchurch fell to a defeat at Kingstonian as Haringey Borough sealed a victory over Bognor Regis Town while Wingate & Finchley fought back to earn a draw against Corinthian Casuals in the Isthmian Premier Division.
The K’s Rhys Murrell-Williamson opened the scoring after only eight minutes, and made it two six minutes before the break through Fabio Saraiva, and held on to that margin to ease to victory.
The Urchins will be disappointed to suffer back-to-back defeats in the league and will be determined to bounce back at home to Potters Bar Town on Bank Holiday Monday.
League rivals Haringey Borough secured a 2-1 win away to Bognor Regis Town thanks to goals from Christos Djamas and David Olufemi.
Christos Djamas opened the scoring after ten minutes before Olufemi doubled their lead in the 20th minute to the dismay of most of the six hundred and thirty eight present.
Nathan Odokonyero pulled one back for the hosts with three minutes remaining, but it was too little too late.
Tom Loizou’s men will now be keen to build on that when they face local rivals Wingate & Finchley on Bank Holiday Monday.
- 1 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 2 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 10 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
The Blues fought back to seal a 2-2 draw at home to Corinthian Casuals after a slow start to the match.
Warren Mfula scored his first of the campaign after fourteen minutes and then grabbed a second fourteen minutes later.
After the break the Blues made things interesting as Bilal Sayoud scored for the second Saturday in a row.
Darnell Goather-Braithwaite then made it 2-2 and ensured that the spoils were shared.