Isthmian North: Haringey Borough start away to Norwich United
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou will be hoping to see his team kick on after an excellent 2016/17 season
Haringey Borough get their Isthmian North campaign underway this weekend with a long trip to Norwich United and boss Tom Loizou will be looking for them to get off to a strong start.
The Coles Park club enjoyed an excellent 2016/17 season, as they finished fifth and made the play-offs.
Boro lost a dramatic semi-final at Maldon & Tiptree, going down 5-4 in a thrilling play-off encounter.
After going so close last time out, Haringey will be hoping to build again and push to finish inside the top five.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday’s trip to Norwich United, who finished eight last season, is a tricky opening test, but Borough will aim to begin well.
Loizou will then renew acquaintances’ with old foes Barking on Monday night when the division new boys visit Coles Park.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
Haringey and the Blues enjoyed plenty of battles in the Essex Senior League previously and should produce another exciting clash next week.