Isthmian North: Haringey Borough start away to Norwich United
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou will be hoping to see his team kick on after an excellent 2016/17 season
Haringey Borough get their Isthmian North campaign underway this weekend with a long trip to Norwich United and boss Tom Loizou will be looking for them to get off to a strong start.
The Coles Park club enjoyed an excellent 2016/17 season, as they finished fifth and made the play-offs.
Boro lost a dramatic semi-final at Maldon & Tiptree, going down 5-4 in a thrilling play-off encounter.
After going so close last time out, Haringey will be hoping to build again and push to finish inside the top five.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday’s trip to Norwich United, who finished eight last season, is a tricky opening test, but Borough will aim to begin well.
Loizou will then renew acquaintances’ with old foes Barking on Monday night when the division new boys visit Coles Park.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
- 10 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
Haringey and the Blues enjoyed plenty of battles in the Essex Senior League previously and should produce another exciting clash next week.