Isthmian North: Haringey Borough full of confidence ahead of Barnet XI clash
- Credit: Archant
Coles Park club looking to keep up strong form when north London rivals visit
Haringey Borough go into tonight’s friendly against a Barnet XI at Coles Park on the back of a morale-boosting 4-1 scalp over Southern Premier Division side Royston Town at home on Saturday.
It proved to be game of two halves at the weekend as Haringey found themselves 1-0 down at the break after John Frendo set up Sam Ives for a low finish halfway through the first period.
But against opposition a step higher the Coles Park hosts stepped it up a notch and an Ives own goal five minutes into the second half levelled matters.
With 57 minutes on the clock Haringey took the lead once again with a great finish before two goals in the space of four second half minutes completed the turnaround.
You may also want to watch:
That result came on the back of a 5-0 win over FC Romania in the previous midweek and now Borough have just under three weeks before the start of the Isthmian North campaign.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 7 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 8 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E