Isthmian North: Haringey Borough full of confidence ahead of Barnet XI clash
- Credit: Archant
Coles Park club looking to keep up strong form when north London rivals visit
Haringey Borough go into tonight’s friendly against a Barnet XI at Coles Park on the back of a morale-boosting 4-1 scalp over Southern Premier Division side Royston Town at home on Saturday.
It proved to be game of two halves at the weekend as Haringey found themselves 1-0 down at the break after John Frendo set up Sam Ives for a low finish halfway through the first period.
But against opposition a step higher the Coles Park hosts stepped it up a notch and an Ives own goal five minutes into the second half levelled matters.
With 57 minutes on the clock Haringey took the lead once again with a great finish before two goals in the space of four second half minutes completed the turnaround.
That result came on the back of a 5-0 win over FC Romania in the previous midweek and now Borough have just under three weeks before the start of the Isthmian North campaign.
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 3 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 4 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 10 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'