Isthmian North: Haringey Borough full of confidence ahead of Barnet XI clash
- Credit: Archant
Coles Park club looking to keep up strong form when north London rivals visit
Haringey Borough go into tonight’s friendly against a Barnet XI at Coles Park on the back of a morale-boosting 4-1 scalp over Southern Premier Division side Royston Town at home on Saturday.
It proved to be game of two halves at the weekend as Haringey found themselves 1-0 down at the break after John Frendo set up Sam Ives for a low finish halfway through the first period.
But against opposition a step higher the Coles Park hosts stepped it up a notch and an Ives own goal five minutes into the second half levelled matters.
With 57 minutes on the clock Haringey took the lead once again with a great finish before two goals in the space of four second half minutes completed the turnaround.
You may also want to watch:
That result came on the back of a 5-0 win over FC Romania in the previous midweek and now Borough have just under three weeks before the start of the Isthmian North campaign.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash