Isthmian North: Haringey Borough full of confidence ahead of Barnet XI clash
- Credit: Archant
Coles Park club looking to keep up strong form when north London rivals visit
Haringey Borough go into tonight’s friendly against a Barnet XI at Coles Park on the back of a morale-boosting 4-1 scalp over Southern Premier Division side Royston Town at home on Saturday.
It proved to be game of two halves at the weekend as Haringey found themselves 1-0 down at the break after John Frendo set up Sam Ives for a low finish halfway through the first period.
But against opposition a step higher the Coles Park hosts stepped it up a notch and an Ives own goal five minutes into the second half levelled matters.
With 57 minutes on the clock Haringey took the lead once again with a great finish before two goals in the space of four second half minutes completed the turnaround.
You may also want to watch:
That result came on the back of a 5-0 win over FC Romania in the previous midweek and now Borough have just under three weeks before the start of the Isthmian North campaign.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office