Isthmian League: Haringey Borough win, Romford draw, while Hornchurch, Wingate and Barking suffer defeats
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough continued their impressive start to the new Isthmian Premier League season as they cruised to a 3-0 victory away to Brightlingsea Regent.
Goals from Georgios Aresti, Alfred Bawling and Roman Michael-Percil sealed the three points for Tom Loizou’s men as they moved up to second in the league table with four wins from their opening five fixtures.
League rivals Hornchurch fell to a 2-0 defeat at Kingstonian as they continue to struggle with a number of injury problems.
Two second-half goals from Tom Kavanagh and Kadell Daniel sealed the three points for the K’s and left the Urchins with nothing to show for their efforts.
Elsewhere, Wingate & Finchley’s good run of form was brought to an end as they suffered a narrow 2-1 defeat to Horsham.
You may also want to watch:
Tommy Tejan-Sie helped the Blues take the lead but they were pegged back by a brace from Rob O’Toole who guided his side to victory at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
In the Isthmian North Romford were held to a 1-1 draw by Grays Athletic despite taking an early lead and creating a bundle of good chances.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
Striker Lee Newton opened the scoring in the 16th minute of play but Joseph Agunbiade equalised on the stroke of half-time at the Parkside Stadium.
Boro then missed a penalty and a number of other chances meaning they only left with a point.
Barking lost 2-1 to FC Romania in the Isthmian South Central despite much like Romford taking an early lead.
The Blues found the net through new signing Dominic Green in the eighth minute of play but Adrian Hurdubei levelled the score just before half-time.
Narcis Filip then sealed the victory for the visitors in the 84th minute of the match.