Haringey Huskies re-sign defenceman Payne
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the re-signing of defenceman Ryan Payne ahead of the 2018/19 National League South Two season.
27-year-old Payne has spent majority of his career at Haringey, coming up through the junior ranks, playing for the Greyhounds and Racers before joining the new-look Huskies last season.
The long-serving defenceman made 23 appearances last season and picked up five assists.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Ryan is Haringey through and through, he has only played away from the Palace for one season when there was a senior team here and does a lot of work with the junior club.
“Ryan’s a true lover of the game and that is exactly the player we want.
You may also want to watch:
“Ryan is a naturally smooth skater who always gives 110 per cent when out on the ice, positionally sound in defence he is also strong on the puck and not afraid to carry it out when there are no passing options.”
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United