Haringey Huskies re-sign defenceman Payne
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the re-signing of defenceman Ryan Payne ahead of the 2018/19 National League South Two season.
27-year-old Payne has spent majority of his career at Haringey, coming up through the junior ranks, playing for the Greyhounds and Racers before joining the new-look Huskies last season.
The long-serving defenceman made 23 appearances last season and picked up five assists.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Ryan is Haringey through and through, he has only played away from the Palace for one season when there was a senior team here and does a lot of work with the junior club.
“Ryan’s a true lover of the game and that is exactly the player we want.
You may also want to watch:
“Ryan is a naturally smooth skater who always gives 110 per cent when out on the ice, positionally sound in defence he is also strong on the puck and not afraid to carry it out when there are no passing options.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown