Haringey Huskies re-sign defenceman Payne
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the re-signing of defenceman Ryan Payne ahead of the 2018/19 National League South Two season.
27-year-old Payne has spent majority of his career at Haringey, coming up through the junior ranks, playing for the Greyhounds and Racers before joining the new-look Huskies last season.
The long-serving defenceman made 23 appearances last season and picked up five assists.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Ryan is Haringey through and through, he has only played away from the Palace for one season when there was a senior team here and does a lot of work with the junior club.
“Ryan’s a true lover of the game and that is exactly the player we want.
You may also want to watch:
“Ryan is a naturally smooth skater who always gives 110 per cent when out on the ice, positionally sound in defence he is also strong on the puck and not afraid to carry it out when there are no passing options.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction