Ice Hockey: Haringey Huskies re-sign forward Stephen Woodford
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies has announced the re-signing of club’s top point scorer and assistant captain Stephen Woodford ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.
The Alexandra Palace-based outfit revealed they had to fight off interest from around the National League South Two division to bring him back for a second season.
Woodford landed the NIHL2 South Player of the Month award back in September after a bright start to the campaign.
The forward put up 35 points in 24 games for the Huskies last term.
General Manager, Lee Mercer, said: “Woody is the kind of player every teams wants, he’s got speed and skill and puts the puck in the net.
You may also want to watch:
“He might not be biggest guy, but he makes space for himself.
“Not just in it for his own points he helped his line mates to have career years, he can carry a lot of weight for a small guy.”
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 6 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 7 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 8 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 9 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
The club will be making further player announcements throughout the summer.