Ice Hockey: Haringey Huskies re-sign forward Stephen Woodford
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies has announced the re-signing of club’s top point scorer and assistant captain Stephen Woodford ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.
The Alexandra Palace-based outfit revealed they had to fight off interest from around the National League South Two division to bring him back for a second season.
Woodford landed the NIHL2 South Player of the Month award back in September after a bright start to the campaign.
The forward put up 35 points in 24 games for the Huskies last term.
General Manager, Lee Mercer, said: “Woody is the kind of player every teams wants, he’s got speed and skill and puts the puck in the net.
You may also want to watch:
“He might not be biggest guy, but he makes space for himself.
“Not just in it for his own points he helped his line mates to have career years, he can carry a lot of weight for a small guy.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
The club will be making further player announcements throughout the summer.