Ice Hockey: Haringey Huskies re-sign forward Stephen Woodford
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies has announced the re-signing of club’s top point scorer and assistant captain Stephen Woodford ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.
The Alexandra Palace-based outfit revealed they had to fight off interest from around the National League South Two division to bring him back for a second season.
Woodford landed the NIHL2 South Player of the Month award back in September after a bright start to the campaign.
The forward put up 35 points in 24 games for the Huskies last term.
General Manager, Lee Mercer, said: “Woody is the kind of player every teams wants, he’s got speed and skill and puts the puck in the net.
You may also want to watch:
“He might not be biggest guy, but he makes space for himself.
“Not just in it for his own points he helped his line mates to have career years, he can carry a lot of weight for a small guy.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
The club will be making further player announcements throughout the summer.