Ice Hockey: Haringey Huskies re-sign Ben Osborne and Stuart Appleby
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the re-signing of captain Ben Osborne for the 2018/19 National League South Two season this week.
Last season Osborne produced his biggest points tally since the 2011/12 season with a total of 27 points in 23 games for the club.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Ozzy is a big guy on and off the ice, he knows how to lead by example and had one of his most productive seasons last year wearing the C.
“I knew I had to get him back on board this year as he is a core member of this team who puts in 100 per cent every shift.
“With the league improving you need as many 100% players as possible on the roster, Ozzy is the first of many to come as we push for the playoffs next season.”
You may also want to watch:
The Alexandra Palace-based club also announced the return of Stuart Appleby for the upcoming campaign.
They also revealed he will be an assistant captain as well this term.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
The forward has been an ever present force for Haringey teams through the years, recently making his 100th appearance for the club.
In the 2017/18 season Stuart dressed in all 24 league games for the club, netting eight times and picking up 16 assists for a total of 24 points.
“Stuey is one of those guys that you hate to play against, thankfully for us we’ve never had to,” Mercer said.
“He plays with an intensity level that is rarely seen with players of his skill level.
“He is the full package, he plays for the badge on the front and will go through walls for his teammates.”