Ice Hockey: Haringey Huskies re-sign Ben Osborne and Stuart Appleby
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced the re-signing of captain Ben Osborne for the 2018/19 National League South Two season this week.
Last season Osborne produced his biggest points tally since the 2011/12 season with a total of 27 points in 23 games for the club.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Ozzy is a big guy on and off the ice, he knows how to lead by example and had one of his most productive seasons last year wearing the C.
“I knew I had to get him back on board this year as he is a core member of this team who puts in 100 per cent every shift.
“With the league improving you need as many 100% players as possible on the roster, Ozzy is the first of many to come as we push for the playoffs next season.”
The Alexandra Palace-based club also announced the return of Stuart Appleby for the upcoming campaign.
They also revealed he will be an assistant captain as well this term.
- 1 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 2 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 3 CCTV: ‘Violent’ Archway Road shop robbery
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 8 'Looking for '70s or '80s clothing? Here is a north London gem'
- 9 Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after blaze destroys Abbey Road flat
The forward has been an ever present force for Haringey teams through the years, recently making his 100th appearance for the club.
In the 2017/18 season Stuart dressed in all 24 league games for the club, netting eight times and picking up 16 assists for a total of 24 points.
“Stuey is one of those guys that you hate to play against, thankfully for us we’ve never had to,” Mercer said.
“He plays with an intensity level that is rarely seen with players of his skill level.
“He is the full package, he plays for the badge on the front and will go through walls for his teammates.”