Haringey Huskies sign trio of new players
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies have announced a triple signing of Mark Robinson, Luke Martin and Brandon Martin ahead of the 2018/19 National League South Two season.
30-year-old defenceman Robinson returns to the ice after having taken a season out from the sport.
He last played the season before for the London Raiders in NIHL South One and has also spent time at Lee Valley Lions, the now defunct Haringey Racers, and also defunct Romford Fury in his career.
Also, joining him on the roster is Luke and Brandon, who are both products of the Slough junior set-up.
Luke has spent time playing for Streatham, Bracknell and Slough during his career, with his most productive season being in 2016/17 where he racked up 19 points in 14 games for the Jets.
Brandon joins from the Slough under-18s after impressing at the Huskies trial sessions in recent weeks.
General Manager Lee Mercer said: “Everyone of the guys listed here fits into the team ethos we’re building and will add strength and depth to our roster.
- 1 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 2 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 3 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 4 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 5 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 6 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 7 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 8 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 9 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 10 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
“All three have been skating all summer and look sharp out on the ice, I’m looking forward to seeing them in action come September.”