Hounds are Brack to their old form
HAVING got a brief respite from their losing streak with a 5-0 walk-over win in their previous match, Greyhounds were back to their usual form on Sunday with defeat in Bracknell...
Bracknell Hornets 7
Haringey Greyhounds 2
HAVING got a brief respite from their losing streak with a 5-0 walk-over win in their previous match, Greyhounds were back to their usual form on Sunday with defeat in Bracknell.
You may also want to watch:
The Hounds were only able to muster 11 outfield players for their trip to face the Hornets, six less than their opponents, and the bigger squad won comfortably.
Bracknell took the lead after seven minutes through James Galazzi, but Haringey equalised within three minutes as Chris Fox and Sam Partington set up Michael Ranby.
- 1 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 4 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 5 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 6 Eleven things to do at the 2021 Highgate Festival
- 7 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 10 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
Regrettably, despite that spirited leveller, the match soon got away from the visitors as a goal from Alex Barker and a Craig Parker double put the Hornets three up before the end of the first period.
Barker and Ben Duggan extended the lead further in the second period as Bracknell racked up a 6-1 advantage, and Barker completed his hat-trick in the 51st minute.
Fifty seconds later Haringey's Nathan Webb and Liam Doyle combined to create a chance for Ranby, who netted his second of the game, but it did little to raise the visitors' spirit on the way home.
The Hounds face the Hornets again this Sunday, this time on home 'turf' at Alexandra Palace ice rink, facing off at 5.30pm.
Haringey Greyhounds: Partington, Doyle, Beeson, Richardson, Saunders, Saunders, Ranby, Webb, Fearnley, Bird, Appleby, Fox, Feighery.