Hounds are Brack to their old form
HAVING got a brief respite from their losing streak with a 5-0 walk-over win in their previous match, Greyhounds were back to their usual form on Sunday with defeat in Bracknell...
Bracknell Hornets 7
Haringey Greyhounds 2
HAVING got a brief respite from their losing streak with a 5-0 walk-over win in their previous match, Greyhounds were back to their usual form on Sunday with defeat in Bracknell.
The Hounds were only able to muster 11 outfield players for their trip to face the Hornets, six less than their opponents, and the bigger squad won comfortably.
Bracknell took the lead after seven minutes through James Galazzi, but Haringey equalised within three minutes as Chris Fox and Sam Partington set up Michael Ranby.
- 1 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 2 Graham Chapman's Highgate haunt gets a refurb
- 3 'Incredibly kind and caring': Tribute to wife who died with brain tumour
- 4 Crouch End bar loses licence as court appeal fails
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 7 'Let’s take the motor traffic out of Swiss Cottage'
- 8 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 9 Infected blood scandal victims to receive £100k interim payments
- 10 'Wet End Lane': Leak could take five days to fix
Regrettably, despite that spirited leveller, the match soon got away from the visitors as a goal from Alex Barker and a Craig Parker double put the Hornets three up before the end of the first period.
Barker and Ben Duggan extended the lead further in the second period as Bracknell racked up a 6-1 advantage, and Barker completed his hat-trick in the 51st minute.
Fifty seconds later Haringey's Nathan Webb and Liam Doyle combined to create a chance for Ranby, who netted his second of the game, but it did little to raise the visitors' spirit on the way home.
The Hounds face the Hornets again this Sunday, this time on home 'turf' at Alexandra Palace ice rink, facing off at 5.30pm.
Haringey Greyhounds: Partington, Doyle, Beeson, Richardson, Saunders, Saunders, Ranby, Webb, Fearnley, Bird, Appleby, Fox, Feighery.