Hornsey kids are trophy winners
HORNSEY'S Under-10s ended an exciting afternoon's cricket by winning the prestigious Gubby Allen trophy at Lord's. The eight budding stars edged out Teddington by just two runs to win the trophy...
HORNSEY'S Under-10s ended an exciting afternoon's cricket by winning the prestigious Gubby Allen trophy at Lord's.
The eight budding stars edged out Teddington by just two runs to win the trophy, capping a fantastic competition for the 11 Hornsey representatives.
Teddington batted first in the eight-aside match, reaching 90-3 but, with five runs deducted for each wicket lost, they set a total of 75.
Jack Bruce and Terry Fawden each took wickets for Hornsey, and they were in confident mood going into bat.
You may also want to watch:
And it was a determined captain's innings from Jack Bruce that led his side to victory, as he helped carry Hornsey to 97-4, and a total of 77 - giving them a hard-earned triumph.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 10 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze