Hornsey kids are trophy winners
HORNSEY'S Under-10s ended an exciting afternoon's cricket by winning the prestigious Gubby Allen trophy at Lord's. The eight budding stars edged out Teddington by just two runs to win the trophy...
HORNSEY'S Under-10s ended an exciting afternoon's cricket by winning the prestigious Gubby Allen trophy at Lord's.
The eight budding stars edged out Teddington by just two runs to win the trophy, capping a fantastic competition for the 11 Hornsey representatives.
Teddington batted first in the eight-aside match, reaching 90-3 but, with five runs deducted for each wicket lost, they set a total of 75.
Jack Bruce and Terry Fawden each took wickets for Hornsey, and they were in confident mood going into bat.
And it was a determined captain's innings from Jack Bruce that led his side to victory, as he helped carry Hornsey to 97-4, and a total of 77 - giving them a hard-earned triumph.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box