Hornsey kids are trophy winners
HORNSEY'S Under-10s ended an exciting afternoon's cricket by winning the prestigious Gubby Allen trophy at Lord's. The eight budding stars edged out Teddington by just two runs to win the trophy...
HORNSEY'S Under-10s ended an exciting afternoon's cricket by winning the prestigious Gubby Allen trophy at Lord's.
The eight budding stars edged out Teddington by just two runs to win the trophy, capping a fantastic competition for the 11 Hornsey representatives.
Teddington batted first in the eight-aside match, reaching 90-3 but, with five runs deducted for each wicket lost, they set a total of 75.
Jack Bruce and Terry Fawden each took wickets for Hornsey, and they were in confident mood going into bat.
You may also want to watch:
And it was a determined captain's innings from Jack Bruce that led his side to victory, as he helped carry Hornsey to 97-4, and a total of 77 - giving them a hard-earned triumph.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 6 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 9 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat