Hornsey kids are trophy winners
HORNSEY'S Under-10s ended an exciting afternoon's cricket by winning the prestigious Gubby Allen trophy at Lord's. The eight budding stars edged out Teddington by just two runs to win the trophy...
HORNSEY'S Under-10s ended an exciting afternoon's cricket by winning the prestigious Gubby Allen trophy at Lord's.
The eight budding stars edged out Teddington by just two runs to win the trophy, capping a fantastic competition for the 11 Hornsey representatives.
Teddington batted first in the eight-aside match, reaching 90-3 but, with five runs deducted for each wicket lost, they set a total of 75.
Jack Bruce and Terry Fawden each took wickets for Hornsey, and they were in confident mood going into bat.
You may also want to watch:
And it was a determined captain's innings from Jack Bruce that led his side to victory, as he helped carry Hornsey to 97-4, and a total of 77 - giving them a hard-earned triumph.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council