Edwards stars for Hornsey to earn bragging rights against Highgate
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The all-rounder was in top form for the Tivoli Road club last weekend to keep alive Hornsey’s promotion hopes
Lesbourne Edwards shone for Hornsey with bat and ball on Saturday to help them get the better of local rivals Highgate.
A tight encounter in the Middlesex County Division Two was expected and the final margin of victory was 43 runs.
Hosts Highgate fielded first and Tayo Walbrugh (18) and Garfield Struthers (26) built the foundation for Hornsey's big-hitters.
All-rounder Edwards was in at three and smashed a sparkling 105 with a total of seven maximums.
He was well supported by Joseph Emanuel, who contributed 69 from only 56 balls before Jack Bruce hit 18 not out in quick time.
It allowed Hornsey to post 274-8 off 45 overs and Edwards didn't need long to make early inroads.
- 1 Single evokes lockdown 'fairytale' camp on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 3 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 Hampstead school removes sanctioned oligarch's name from pavilion
- 6 Call to make road safer after car crash between Highgate and Crouch End
- 7 Nazanin 'lived in the shadow' of prime minister's words
- 8 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 9 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 10 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
Bruce (2-29) and Bhasker Patel (2-45) backed him up with scalps and at one stage the centurion was on for a hat-trick.
Although he didn't get it, Edwards ended with 4-49 as Highgate were restricted to 231-9 to aid Hornsey's hopes of promotion and they host Osterley on Saturday next.