Edwards stars for Hornsey to earn bragging rights against Highgate
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The all-rounder was in top form for the Tivoli Road club last weekend to keep alive Hornsey’s promotion hopes
Lesbourne Edwards shone for Hornsey with bat and ball on Saturday to help them get the better of local rivals Highgate.
A tight encounter in the Middlesex County Division Two was expected and the final margin of victory was 43 runs.
Hosts Highgate fielded first and Tayo Walbrugh (18) and Garfield Struthers (26) built the foundation for Hornsey's big-hitters.
All-rounder Edwards was in at three and smashed a sparkling 105 with a total of seven maximums.
You may also want to watch:
He was well supported by Joseph Emanuel, who contributed 69 from only 56 balls before Jack Bruce hit 18 not out in quick time.
It allowed Hornsey to post 274-8 off 45 overs and Edwards didn't need long to make early inroads.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
Bruce (2-29) and Bhasker Patel (2-45) backed him up with scalps and at one stage the centurion was on for a hat-trick.
Although he didn't get it, Edwards ended with 4-49 as Highgate were restricted to 231-9 to aid Hornsey's hopes of promotion and they host Osterley on Saturday next.