Hockey: Perfect 10 for Hampstead & Westminster women
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s women began the second half of the season with an impressive 4-0 win over Bedford, their 10th in a row in Conference East.
Having been made to work hard for a 1-0 victory in their earlier clash this season, Hampstead kept the pace high early on and created many first-half chances, with a pair of penalty strokes from Joyce Esser putting them 2-0 up at the break.
Esser then produced a superb run from halfway and reverse stick strike from the top of the D to complete her hat-trick with 20 minutes remaining.
And Lauren Turner converted a hard pass late on to round off the scoring as Hampstead maintained their 100 per cent record.
This Sunday sees them welcome defending champions Wimbledon, who are currently in third place, to Maida Vale at 12.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead men’s return to Premier Division action against their Wimbledon counterparts at 2.15pm.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 5 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 9 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 10 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'