Three golds for Ho at national championships
- Credit: Archant
Paddington athlete narrowly missed out on clean sweep in Nottingham
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho agonisingly missed out on a clean sweep of gold medals at the PG Mutual National Championships.
Ho had a perfect start to the three-day championships as she won the Under-21 Women’s Singles by defeating Denise Payet 4-1 in the final.
She followed up with Mixed Doubles gold alongside fellow University of Nottingham student Josh Bennett, the pair beating Alim Hirji and Emily Bolton 3-1 in the final.
A third gold followed on day three as Ho teamed up with Maria Tsaptsinos to win the Women’s Doubles, coming from 2-0 down to beat Payet and Bolton 3-2 in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Tsaptsinos then stood between Ho and a clean sweep in the Women’s Singles final, which the Paddington athlete was attempting to win for a fourth year in succession.
However, second seed Tsaptsinos made a fast start and although Ho fought back, she was beaten 4-2.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
“Obviously I’m disappointed because it would have been really good to get the clean sweep,” said Ho.
“Maria played well but I didn’t – I was getting quite frustrated with myself because I knew what to do but wasn’t executing it, and when I had chances I made errors.
“Every title means a lot but obviously the women’s singles is a rewarding one to get, and it would have been nice to win again, but congratulations to Maria.”