Table Tennis: Ho progresses at European Games on GB debut
- Credit: PPP/ITTF
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho made it through to the second round of the European Games in Minsk.
Representing Great Britain for the first time, Ho beat Anna Kirichenko of Finland 4-0 (11-3, 11-5, 11-6, 11-5) in the first round.
And that set up a meeting with world number 73 Yang Xiaoxin, who is ranked 36 places above 20-year-old Ho.
The Londoner had her chances as she fell to a 4-0 (13-11, 11-5, 11-9, 11-7) defeat and said: "Her style is a bit different but I felt fairly comfortable against her. Although it was 4-0 it's a bit frustrating because I could have got at least three sets.
"A bit disappointed, but at the same time I didn't play well enough to win.
"It's been really cool playing for GB. They really make you feel at home and it's a really nice team feeling."
Ho plays at the World University Games in Naples and the Commonwealth Championships in India in the coming weeks.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead