Table Tennis: Ho progresses at European Games on GB debut
- Credit: PPP/ITTF
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho made it through to the second round of the European Games in Minsk.
Representing Great Britain for the first time, Ho beat Anna Kirichenko of Finland 4-0 (11-3, 11-5, 11-6, 11-5) in the first round.
And that set up a meeting with world number 73 Yang Xiaoxin, who is ranked 36 places above 20-year-old Ho.
The Londoner had her chances as she fell to a 4-0 (13-11, 11-5, 11-9, 11-7) defeat and said: "Her style is a bit different but I felt fairly comfortable against her. Although it was 4-0 it's a bit frustrating because I could have got at least three sets.
"A bit disappointed, but at the same time I didn't play well enough to win.
You may also want to watch:
"It's been really cool playing for GB. They really make you feel at home and it's a really nice team feeling."
Ho plays at the World University Games in Naples and the Commonwealth Championships in India in the coming weeks.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 8 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 9 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath