Table Tennis: Ho progresses at European Games on GB debut
- Credit: PPP/ITTF
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho made it through to the second round of the European Games in Minsk.
Representing Great Britain for the first time, Ho beat Anna Kirichenko of Finland 4-0 (11-3, 11-5, 11-6, 11-5) in the first round.
And that set up a meeting with world number 73 Yang Xiaoxin, who is ranked 36 places above 20-year-old Ho.
The Londoner had her chances as she fell to a 4-0 (13-11, 11-5, 11-9, 11-7) defeat and said: "Her style is a bit different but I felt fairly comfortable against her. Although it was 4-0 it's a bit frustrating because I could have got at least three sets.
"A bit disappointed, but at the same time I didn't play well enough to win.
You may also want to watch:
"It's been really cool playing for GB. They really make you feel at home and it's a really nice team feeling."
Ho plays at the World University Games in Naples and the Commonwealth Championships in India in the coming weeks.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'