Ho in GB table tennis squad for European Games
- Credit: Archant
Youngster will take part in event in Minsk next month
Paddington's Tin-Tin Ho has been called up by Team GB for the first time, having been named in the squad to compete at the European Games next month.
The 20-year-old is named alongside English colleagues Liam Pitchford, Paul Drinkhall and Sam Walker, plus Charlotte Carey of Wales, for the event in Minsk, Belarus, where Ho will compete in the Women's Singles.
The table tennis contingent is part of a 101-strong Team GB squad across 11 sports and is up from the three athletes - Pitchford, Drinkhall and Kelly Sibley - who attended the inaugural Games in Baku four years ago.
Table tennis is one of three sports, alongside archery and shooting, where there are opportunities to qualify for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
The top three athletes in the men's and women's singles, plus the gold medal-winning teams, will all earn an automatic place at the Olympics.
Team Leader Simon Mills said: "We're delighted we've been able to increase the squad from the last European Games, securing a men's team place and an additional female place.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
"The focus is on enabling the athletes to deliver their best performances, with the added incentive of the opportunity to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics."