Ho in England squad for World Championships
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Competition takes place in Budapest from April 21-28
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho has been named in a six-strong England squad for the World Table Tennis Championships in Budapest in April.
England number one Ho, who won a silver medal at last year’s Commonwealth Games, is joined in the women’s line-up by Maria Tsaptsinos.
The men are represented by Rio Olympians Liam Pitchford, Sam Walker and Paul Drinkhall, as well as Tom Jarvis.
This year is the individual championships, with singles and doubles events.
You may also want to watch:
Ho and Tsaptsinos are paired together in the Women’s Doubles, while the English partnerships in the Mixed Doubles are Walker and Ho, and Jarvis and Tsaptsinos.
The tournament begins on April 21 and has drawn a field of some of the best table tennis players in the world.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
The competition will take place at the Hungexpo complex in the Hungarian capital and will mark the first time the event has taken place in the central European country.