Ho in England squad for World Championships
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Competition takes place in Budapest from April 21-28
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho has been named in a six-strong England squad for the World Table Tennis Championships in Budapest in April.
England number one Ho, who won a silver medal at last year’s Commonwealth Games, is joined in the women’s line-up by Maria Tsaptsinos.
The men are represented by Rio Olympians Liam Pitchford, Sam Walker and Paul Drinkhall, as well as Tom Jarvis.
This year is the individual championships, with singles and doubles events.
You may also want to watch:
Ho and Tsaptsinos are paired together in the Women’s Doubles, while the English partnerships in the Mixed Doubles are Walker and Ho, and Jarvis and Tsaptsinos.
The tournament begins on April 21 and has drawn a field of some of the best table tennis players in the world.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
- 10 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
The competition will take place at the Hungexpo complex in the Hungarian capital and will mark the first time the event has taken place in the central European country.