Ho in England squad for World Championships
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Competition takes place in Budapest from April 21-28
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho has been named in a six-strong England squad for the World Table Tennis Championships in Budapest in April.
England number one Ho, who won a silver medal at last year’s Commonwealth Games, is joined in the women’s line-up by Maria Tsaptsinos.
The men are represented by Rio Olympians Liam Pitchford, Sam Walker and Paul Drinkhall, as well as Tom Jarvis.
This year is the individual championships, with singles and doubles events.
You may also want to watch:
Ho and Tsaptsinos are paired together in the Women’s Doubles, while the English partnerships in the Mixed Doubles are Walker and Ho, and Jarvis and Tsaptsinos.
The tournament begins on April 21 and has drawn a field of some of the best table tennis players in the world.
- 1 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
The competition will take place at the Hungexpo complex in the Hungarian capital and will mark the first time the event has taken place in the central European country.