Ho in England squad for World Championships
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Competition takes place in Budapest from April 21-28
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho has been named in a six-strong England squad for the World Table Tennis Championships in Budapest in April.
England number one Ho, who won a silver medal at last year’s Commonwealth Games, is joined in the women’s line-up by Maria Tsaptsinos.
The men are represented by Rio Olympians Liam Pitchford, Sam Walker and Paul Drinkhall, as well as Tom Jarvis.
This year is the individual championships, with singles and doubles events.
You may also want to watch:
Ho and Tsaptsinos are paired together in the Women’s Doubles, while the English partnerships in the Mixed Doubles are Walker and Ho, and Jarvis and Tsaptsinos.
The tournament begins on April 21 and has drawn a field of some of the best table tennis players in the world.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 6 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Letter on proposed Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
The competition will take place at the Hungexpo complex in the Hungarian capital and will mark the first time the event has taken place in the central European country.