Table Tennis: Ho among medals at Commonwealth Championships
- Credit: Archant
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho won silver and bronze medals for England at the Commonwealth Championships in India.
The 20-year-old joined up with Denise Payet and Emily Bolton in the team event as England beat Nigeria, Bangladesh, Australia, Singapore and Sri Lanka.
Another win over Nigeria put them into the final against India, where Ho suffered her first defeat, 3-1 (8-11, 13-11, 11-9, 11-9) to Archana Kamath.
Payet and Bolton lost the next two matches as India took gold with a 3-0 victory.
Ho was the top seed in the women's singles and advanced to the last four where she lost 4-1 (11-6, 11-6, 7-11, 11-4, 11-4) to eventual champion Ayhika Mukherjee of India.
You may also want to watch:
Ho and Payet reached the last 16 in the women's doubles, losing 3-2 (11-6, 11-9, 10-12, 8-11, 11-8) to Singapre's Zhang Wan and Lilin Jassy Tan.
And Ho and Sam Walker lost 3-2 to India's Harmeet Desai and Mukherjee in the mixed doubles quarter-finals.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate