Table Tennis: Ho among medals at Commonwealth Championships
- Credit: Archant
Paddington’s Tin-Tin Ho won silver and bronze medals for England at the Commonwealth Championships in India.
The 20-year-old joined up with Denise Payet and Emily Bolton in the team event as England beat Nigeria, Bangladesh, Australia, Singapore and Sri Lanka.
Another win over Nigeria put them into the final against India, where Ho suffered her first defeat, 3-1 (8-11, 13-11, 11-9, 11-9) to Archana Kamath.
Payet and Bolton lost the next two matches as India took gold with a 3-0 victory.
Ho was the top seed in the women's singles and advanced to the last four where she lost 4-1 (11-6, 11-6, 7-11, 11-4, 11-4) to eventual champion Ayhika Mukherjee of India.
You may also want to watch:
Ho and Payet reached the last 16 in the women's doubles, losing 3-2 (11-6, 11-9, 10-12, 8-11, 11-8) to Singapre's Zhang Wan and Lilin Jassy Tan.
And Ho and Sam Walker lost 3-2 to India's Harmeet Desai and Mukherjee in the mixed doubles quarter-finals.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's