Hill's heroes take the lead off the gate
NORTH Mid leapt back into promotion contention with a comfortable victory over the Divison Two leaders, but will be without Will Wootton for the run-in after the bowler broke his hand in the field...
NORTH MIDDLESEX 183-5 (10pts) beat SOUTHGATE 179 (0)
NORTH Mid leapt back into promotion contention with a comfortable victory over the Divison Two leaders, but will be without Will Wootton for the run-in after the bowler broke his hand in the field.
Skipper Alex Hill won the toss and elected to bowl on an excellent track, and James Nightingale (1-48) struck early, while Nick Brand (2-18) took over Wootton's overs and took two quick wickets, to leave table toppers Southgate struggling at 64-3.
Jaron Semper then came into the attack, and he took 5-34 to spark a middle-order collapse, skittling the home side for 179 after they had been 117-4.
You may also want to watch:
After tea, North Mid lost three quick wickets as Southgate stuck with the old ball and opted for spin.
Young Connor Nurse was stumped for five, and Evan Flowers (15) and Shahin Khan (6) soon followed as the visitors made hard work of a relatively simple chase at 35-3. Fortunately, Hill (59) and Maxwell Creese (63) recovered the innings, and Semper then smashed four quickfire boundaries to seal the victory and keep North Mid in touch at the top.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit