Hill's heroes take the lead off the gate
NORTH Mid leapt back into promotion contention with a comfortable victory over the Divison Two leaders, but will be without Will Wootton for the run-in after the bowler broke his hand in the field...
NORTH MIDDLESEX 183-5 (10pts) beat SOUTHGATE 179 (0)
NORTH Mid leapt back into promotion contention with a comfortable victory over the Divison Two leaders, but will be without Will Wootton for the run-in after the bowler broke his hand in the field.
Skipper Alex Hill won the toss and elected to bowl on an excellent track, and James Nightingale (1-48) struck early, while Nick Brand (2-18) took over Wootton's overs and took two quick wickets, to leave table toppers Southgate struggling at 64-3.
Jaron Semper then came into the attack, and he took 5-34 to spark a middle-order collapse, skittling the home side for 179 after they had been 117-4.
After tea, North Mid lost three quick wickets as Southgate stuck with the old ball and opted for spin.
Young Connor Nurse was stumped for five, and Evan Flowers (15) and Shahin Khan (6) soon followed as the visitors made hard work of a relatively simple chase at 35-3. Fortunately, Hill (59) and Maxwell Creese (63) recovered the innings, and Semper then smashed four quickfire boundaries to seal the victory and keep North Mid in touch at the top.
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 6 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 7 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 8 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 9 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 10 Haringey Council accidentally leaks £54m office expansion scheme