Highgate School’s top 10 are selected for English Schools Cross-Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
A record 10 Highgate School runners have achieved selection for next month’s English Schools Cross-Country Championships.
Part of an 18-strong school contingent who braved the mud and rain on Harrow School’s course at the Middlesex Schools Championships, Sophia Parvizi-Wayne, Terry Fawden, Dempster Fawden, Oliver Light, Millie Davies, Phoebe Littler, Sam Willis, Beth Belin and Cecily Turner all finished in the top eight in their races.
In doing so, they booked their places on the coach to Castle Donington in Leicestershire, where they will compete against England’s finest junior distance runners.
Marjolaine Briscoe was initially named as a reserve but has since been called up to the team, and Harry Kleiman is also waiting to hear whether he will be needed.
Parvizi-Wayne won the Under-17 girls’ race to be crowned county champion for the third year running.
You may also want to watch:
She will be looking to add another international vest to her collection, having won gold at the track and field equivalent over 3,000m last July.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 10 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead