Highgate School’s top 10 are selected for English Schools Cross-Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
A record 10 Highgate School runners have achieved selection for next month’s English Schools Cross-Country Championships.
Part of an 18-strong school contingent who braved the mud and rain on Harrow School’s course at the Middlesex Schools Championships, Sophia Parvizi-Wayne, Terry Fawden, Dempster Fawden, Oliver Light, Millie Davies, Phoebe Littler, Sam Willis, Beth Belin and Cecily Turner all finished in the top eight in their races.
In doing so, they booked their places on the coach to Castle Donington in Leicestershire, where they will compete against England’s finest junior distance runners.
Marjolaine Briscoe was initially named as a reserve but has since been called up to the team, and Harry Kleiman is also waiting to hear whether he will be needed.
Parvizi-Wayne won the Under-17 girls’ race to be crowned county champion for the third year running.
You may also want to watch:
She will be looking to add another international vest to her collection, having won gold at the track and field equivalent over 3,000m last July.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council