Highgate Harriers show strength and depth
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Harriers men had two teams in the top 10 in the most prestigious road relay in the south, SOAR MK Road Relays, when they came third and ninth out of 48.
In the six stage relay near Milton Keynes, Cambridge & Coleridge AC were the first home in the six stage relay in a time of 1:30.56, not far behind in fourth place was the A team (1:31.51) and the B team was ninth (1:34.31).
Highgate's Taha Grafan was the third fastest of all the 257 competitors on the day.
The A team was Taha Ghafan 13:40, Rob Wilson 15:35, Jacob Allen 14.58, Harry Wakefield 15:55, Alex Lepretre 15:19, and Ash Harrell 15.25.
The B team, Chris Wright 15:52, Roger Poolman 15:44, Robel Bahelbi 15:09, Pete Chambers 15:13, Lewis Greaves 16:40, Charlie Haywood 16:03.
Highgate's C team were 27th and their fastest leg was by James Barber in 16:25 and the 'D' team were 35th and their fastest was Michael Dan in 17:14.
Highgate women finished seventh out of 23 clubs taking part with Hannah Viner the eighth fastest overall.
- 1 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 8 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 9 New Camden real-time pollution sensors show 'unhealthy' borough air
- 10 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
The Highate team in the four stage relay, Yasmin Goaterr 17:58, Hannah Viner 17:26, Zoe Macdonald 18:37 and Katrina Thornton 19:49.
Ex Highgate runner Andrew Aitken (43), came fourth of 526 in the very undulating Barnes Green half Marathon on Sunday in 1:18:43.