Highgate Harriers show strength and depth
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Harriers men had two teams in the top 10 in the most prestigious road relay in the south, SOAR MK Road Relays, when they came third and ninth out of 48.
In the six stage relay near Milton Keynes, Cambridge & Coleridge AC were the first home in the six stage relay in a time of 1:30.56, not far behind in fourth place was the A team (1:31.51) and the B team was ninth (1:34.31).
Highgate's Taha Grafan was the third fastest of all the 257 competitors on the day.
The A team was Taha Ghafan 13:40, Rob Wilson 15:35, Jacob Allen 14.58, Harry Wakefield 15:55, Alex Lepretre 15:19, and Ash Harrell 15.25.
The B team, Chris Wright 15:52, Roger Poolman 15:44, Robel Bahelbi 15:09, Pete Chambers 15:13, Lewis Greaves 16:40, Charlie Haywood 16:03.
You may also want to watch:
Highgate's C team were 27th and their fastest leg was by James Barber in 16:25 and the 'D' team were 35th and their fastest was Michael Dan in 17:14.
Highgate women finished seventh out of 23 clubs taking part with Hannah Viner the eighth fastest overall.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
The Highate team in the four stage relay, Yasmin Goaterr 17:58, Hannah Viner 17:26, Zoe Macdonald 18:37 and Katrina Thornton 19:49.
Ex Highgate runner Andrew Aitken (43), came fourth of 526 in the very undulating Barnes Green half Marathon on Sunday in 1:18:43.