Highgate Harriers impress at Parliament Hill and Middlesex Championships
- Credit: Archant
Over-70 athlete Tom Richards was in good form at the Highgate Harriers Open at Parliament Hill Fields, winning the shot with 12.29m and showing his many strengths with a 16.98 100m.
Neil Middleton (M55) ran 12.78 for 100 and Francis Forsyth (W45) did a personal best time of 14.92.
Under 13 Arthur Shaw ran a 13.99 100m and did a 4,39 long jump.
The 5000m attracted several Highgate Harriers, showing the club's strength in depth, including Chris Wright 15:48.99; Daniel Brewer 15:56.38 and James Barber 15:57.10.
Personal bests were done by Highgate Harriers in the 1500, by David Musgrove 5:14.04; David Sutherland 5;11.4 and under-15 Lily Spaccastrosei 5:31.45.
You may also want to watch:
Also recording good times were Finlay Sleeman (U20) 4:18 and Josh Groves (U17) 4:39.94.
At the Middlesex Senior Championships at Lee Valley, Sam Amdor was in a close battle for a bronze medal in the final of the Under 17 800m, running 2:01.95, not far behind the winner Shaftesbury's Abdirahim Hamud who ran 2:00.31.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 7 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 8 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 9 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
Monte Watson, 18, won gold in the under-20 5000m in 16:35.09, which would have been faster but he ran the first half of the race very hard and was eventually overtaken by two seniors over 20