Highgate Harriers mourn Alan Corfield
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Harriers AC were saddened to hear of the death of Alan Corfield, who passed away after a lengthy illness in Devon this month.
Born in London on May 20, 1933 he joined the club in 1949 and, along with wife June, offered much support over the years.
Martin Howard, a senior official with the club for countless years said: "Alan's long athletic career covered many duties. They included being a competitor, timekeeper, cross country team manager, treasurer and chairman. He was awarded Life Membership by the club.
"At county and above levels, he was Middlesex County treasurer for 12 years, president of the South of England Cross Country Association and served on the English Cross Country Association for many years."
He had two sons and grandchildren and donations in his memory are going to British Heart Foundation and Cancer Research via PR Byrom & Son, I Rolle Street, Barnstaple EX31 1JN.
You may also want to watch:
A funeral service will be taking place at North Devon Crematorium, Old Torrington Road, Roundsell, Barnstaple (EX31 3NW) on Tuesday March 3 at 1.40pm.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 10 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran