Highgate Harriers mourn Alan Corfield
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Harriers AC were saddened to hear of the death of Alan Corfield, who passed away after a lengthy illness in Devon this month.
Born in London on May 20, 1933 he joined the club in 1949 and, along with wife June, offered much support over the years.
Martin Howard, a senior official with the club for countless years said: "Alan's long athletic career covered many duties. They included being a competitor, timekeeper, cross country team manager, treasurer and chairman. He was awarded Life Membership by the club.
"At county and above levels, he was Middlesex County treasurer for 12 years, president of the South of England Cross Country Association and served on the English Cross Country Association for many years."
He had two sons and grandchildren and donations in his memory are going to British Heart Foundation and Cancer Research via PR Byrom & Son, I Rolle Street, Barnstaple EX31 1JN.
You may also want to watch:
A funeral service will be taking place at North Devon Crematorium, Old Torrington Road, Roundsell, Barnstaple (EX31 3NW) on Tuesday March 3 at 1.40pm.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 3 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community
- 4 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 5 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 6 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 9 Highgate's Harington Scheme donates clothes to families and hostels
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm