Highgate Harriers mourn Alan Corfield
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Harriers AC were saddened to hear of the death of Alan Corfield, who passed away after a lengthy illness in Devon this month.
Born in London on May 20, 1933 he joined the club in 1949 and, along with wife June, offered much support over the years.
Martin Howard, a senior official with the club for countless years said: "Alan's long athletic career covered many duties. They included being a competitor, timekeeper, cross country team manager, treasurer and chairman. He was awarded Life Membership by the club.
"At county and above levels, he was Middlesex County treasurer for 12 years, president of the South of England Cross Country Association and served on the English Cross Country Association for many years."
He had two sons and grandchildren and donations in his memory are going to British Heart Foundation and Cancer Research via PR Byrom & Son, I Rolle Street, Barnstaple EX31 1JN.
You may also want to watch:
A funeral service will be taking place at North Devon Crematorium, Old Torrington Road, Roundsell, Barnstaple (EX31 3NW) on Tuesday March 3 at 1.40pm.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale