Seventh heaven for Highgate Albion thirds after latest win
- Credit: Archant
Barnet Sunday Football League Division Three: Roving Reporters Reserves 0 Highgate Albion thirds 3
Highgate Albion thirds closed the gap on Barnet Sunday Football League Division Three leaders Zenit St Whetstone Reserves to four points with a 3-0 victory at Roving Reporters Reserves at the weekend.
John Eager’s team went into the contest on a six-game winning streak and managed to extend it on the road.
Albion’s manager was actually absent because he had to attend a family event, but Jamie King, David Glaude and Gareth Brooks stepped up in his absence to run the side.
The opener at Enfield Playing Fields arrived from an unlikely source when Luke Morgan got on the end of an excellent Jamie King cross to head home the first for Highgate.
You may also want to watch:
It was 2-0 when player-coach for the day Glaude produced a goal of the season contender with his 10th effort of the campaign.
Again vice-captain King was involved and his peach of a cross found Glaude, who scored with an overhead kick to double Albion’s advantage.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
The game and scoring was wrapped up when substitute Robert Taylor set up Craig Gorrie, and he provided a fine finish to secure all three points.
Man of the match went to Sam Bryan, who put in a top performance at centre back and on top of this went on the odd crazy run forward.
Next up for Highgate’s third-team is the quarter-final of the Junior Cup against title foes Zenit St Whetstone Reserves at their St Aloysius Sports Ground home.