Highgate Albion Reserves seal comfortable win over Hendonians
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Albion Reserves sealed a 4-0 victory over Hendonians to bounce back to winning ways in the Barnet Sunday Football League Division Two encounter.
A frustrating first half followed with few chances and heavy winds making it an unpredictable affair for both clubs.
The second half started the same as the first but the introduction of substitutes Anthoney Dalton and John McNamara turned the game on its head.
Albion captain Daniel Glaude took a long range free kick and smashed it into the top right hand corner.
The goal was the catalyst that was needed and Albion started playing some great stuff with Anthoney Dalton playing through Alfie Francis to hammer the ball into the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Albion surged forward again and won a penalty which was converted by midfielder John McNamara to make it 3-0.
The final goal of the game came courtesy of a John McNamara freekick finding Daniel Deeney at the back post who headed home.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
A return to winning ways for Highgate Albion left manager John Eager delighted: "Its always nice to get three points but to do it in the manor that we did by sticking to the game plan was excellent.
"The result takes us second with a game in hand over the leaders so just need more of the same going forward."
Albion's next fixture is a home tie against New Barnet on Sunday at 10.30am.