Highgate Albion Reserves seal comfortable win over Hendonians
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Albion Reserves sealed a 4-0 victory over Hendonians to bounce back to winning ways in the Barnet Sunday Football League Division Two encounter.
A frustrating first half followed with few chances and heavy winds making it an unpredictable affair for both clubs.
The second half started the same as the first but the introduction of substitutes Anthoney Dalton and John McNamara turned the game on its head.
Albion captain Daniel Glaude took a long range free kick and smashed it into the top right hand corner.
The goal was the catalyst that was needed and Albion started playing some great stuff with Anthoney Dalton playing through Alfie Francis to hammer the ball into the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Albion surged forward again and won a penalty which was converted by midfielder John McNamara to make it 3-0.
The final goal of the game came courtesy of a John McNamara freekick finding Daniel Deeney at the back post who headed home.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
A return to winning ways for Highgate Albion left manager John Eager delighted: "Its always nice to get three points but to do it in the manor that we did by sticking to the game plan was excellent.
"The result takes us second with a game in hand over the leaders so just need more of the same going forward."
Albion's next fixture is a home tie against New Barnet on Sunday at 10.30am.