Highgate Albion Reserves progress in Challenge Cup with shock upset
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Albion Reserves sealed a 3-1 win over Barnet Sunday League Premier League contenders Finchley in the Challenge Cup second round.
Albion now progress into the second round after that win where they will hope to keep this cup run alive.
They started well, but when a back pass slowed down in the wet ground a Finchley striker caught on to it and lifted it over there keeper's head to give them the lead.
After halftime Albion kept the pressure high and after a scramble from a corner Paul Reid poked into the bottom corner to level the score.
A push in the back on Alan Callahan then gave Highgate a penalty in which Jon McNamara stepped up and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way.
You may also want to watch:
Highgate then held firm to shut Finchley out before they netted a third as a great corner from Keegan Cole found Harry Scanell inside the box with the latter heading home to seal their progress.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis