Highgate Albion Reserves progress in Challenge Cup with shock upset
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Albion Reserves sealed a 3-1 win over Barnet Sunday League Premier League contenders Finchley in the Challenge Cup second round.
Albion now progress into the second round after that win where they will hope to keep this cup run alive.
They started well, but when a back pass slowed down in the wet ground a Finchley striker caught on to it and lifted it over there keeper's head to give them the lead.
After halftime Albion kept the pressure high and after a scramble from a corner Paul Reid poked into the bottom corner to level the score.
A push in the back on Alan Callahan then gave Highgate a penalty in which Jon McNamara stepped up and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way.
You may also want to watch:
Highgate then held firm to shut Finchley out before they netted a third as a great corner from Keegan Cole found Harry Scanell inside the box with the latter heading home to seal their progress.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms