Highgate Albion progress in FA National Sunday Cup
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Albion moved into the last 32 of the FA National Sunday Cup with victory over Palmers FC.
They fell behind against the Essex treble winners to a well taken header from a free-kick on 10 minutes.
But Highgate hit back in style with four goals over the next half an hour.
Man of the match Bradley Osborne levelled with an excellent free-kick, before Pete Riley's diving header capped off a flowing move.
Osborne and Excellence Muhemba added further goals after more good passing moves to make it 4-1, but Palmers hit back early in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Coffey made it 5-2 on 62 minutes, though, to secure victory and earn Albion a home tie on December 8.
Manager Adam Shahein said: "This is a great day for the club as we continue to grow and raise our profile on the Sunday football scene, with everybody's hard work at the club finally beginning to show."
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 9 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 10 RuPaul's Drag Race star joins Sadiq Khan to launch eating out campaign