Highgate Albion progress into London Challenge Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Albion fought their way back to seal a penalty shoot-out victory over Kenningwell to progress into the quarter-finals of the London Challenge Cup.
Highgate took the league in the fifth as Pele Riley found the back of the net but opponents Kenningwell hit back with three goals of their own before half-time.
Highgate soon found themselves 5-1 down in the 58th minute - despite bringing on James Esprit and Rob Magwood at half-time.
Esprit then scored a back heel from the edge of the box seven minutes later before T.Kennedy netted a third for Highgate.
In the 75th minute Esprit attempted another back heel at goal which the Kenningwell goalkeeper saved but only parried too Solomon Ofori who smashed it home.
Eight minutes from time Esprit rolled the ball to Ofori who beat two men and lashed a shot into the top corner to level the game at 5-5.
The game then went to penalties where Highgate ran out 4-1 winners.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 4 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 8 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 9 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
They will now face YouTube side Baiteze Squad on December, 1.
Manager Adam Shahein said: "In the last half hour Highgate showed incredible fight and attitude.
"Credit to the Kenningwell lads they were outstanding today but we showed great grit and determination to get back into the contest.
"Anything is possible if you never say never and don't give up."