Highgate Albion progress into London Challenge Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Albion fought their way back to seal a penalty shoot-out victory over Kenningwell to progress into the quarter-finals of the London Challenge Cup.
Highgate took the league in the fifth as Pele Riley found the back of the net but opponents Kenningwell hit back with three goals of their own before half-time.
Highgate soon found themselves 5-1 down in the 58th minute - despite bringing on James Esprit and Rob Magwood at half-time.
Esprit then scored a back heel from the edge of the box seven minutes later before T.Kennedy netted a third for Highgate.
In the 75th minute Esprit attempted another back heel at goal which the Kenningwell goalkeeper saved but only parried too Solomon Ofori who smashed it home.
You may also want to watch:
Eight minutes from time Esprit rolled the ball to Ofori who beat two men and lashed a shot into the top corner to level the game at 5-5.
The game then went to penalties where Highgate ran out 4-1 winners.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 9 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
They will now face YouTube side Baiteze Squad on December, 1.
Manager Adam Shahein said: "In the last half hour Highgate showed incredible fight and attitude.
"Credit to the Kenningwell lads they were outstanding today but we showed great grit and determination to get back into the contest.
"Anything is possible if you never say never and don't give up."