Highgate Albion progress into cup semi-final with victory over Baiteze
- Credit: Archant
Highgate Albion progressed into the semi-final of the London Sunday Challenge Cup with a 3-1 victory over YouTube sensation Baiteze Squad on Sunday.
Highgate took a strong squad to the game but were still underdogs in many peoples opinions.
The game began and Highgate quickly gained control of the match but during a dominant first-half, but they could not find a breakthrough and both teams went in level at half-time.
Albion was forced into the first-half substitution with Lion Docaj coming in midfield.
The second-half bagan with Baiteze starting the brighter and soon finding themselves 1-0 up in the 55th minute.
You may also want to watch:
The goal forced manager Adam Shahein into bring James Esprit off the bench and the attacker almost had an instant impact as he beat two men but fired a shot straight at the goalkeeper.
Highgate did however find themselves level in the 66th minute when Soloman Soluman Ofori broke down the right before laying off to Lion Docja who slotted home.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
Esprit worked his way into the box and set up Ofori in the 80th minute but the latter had his effort saved on the goal line by the Baiteze player with his hand.
They were awarded a penalty and Baiteze were down to 10-men with ten minutes to go in the match.
Bradley Osborne stepped up and slotted home from the penalty spot to give them a 2-1 lead.
Baiteze then threw men forward and were soon reduced to nine-men for a sin bin offence.
Esprit then scored a backheel for the second cup match in a row to seal a 3-1 win for Highgate.
They will now face Gower All-stars in the semi-finals of the cup competition.
Highgate now find themselves in the Middlesex County Cup, London Sunday Challenge Cup semi finals and also in the National cup last 32 where they play East Christchurch SSC of Bournemouth on Sunday at 1.30pm in Watford.