Highbury Korfball Club given a lesson as Trojans rack up 20 goals
- Credit: Archant
Swiss Cottage-based Highbury Korfball Club were given a lesson from an experienced Trojans II side, losing 20-7 in the London Regional League.
Hosts Highbury were facing the reserve team of the Premier League champions, and the visitors opened the scoring inside the first minute before taking a 6-0 lead.
After a time out from Highbury coach Andrew Speck, Mirelle Geervliet finally got the home side on the scoresheet with a well-worked long-range effort, but any thoughts of getting back into the game would be short-lived.
Trojans notched a seventh goal before Niccola Hyslop converted a penalty won by Ana Rocha – and the away side then scored a further three to take them into double figures and a 10-2 lead at half-time.
Hyslop briefly narrowed the gap after the break but Trojans were showcasing their sharp shooting skills and notched eight goals without reply to demoralise the Highbury ranks.
You may also want to watch:
The home side restored some pride by scoring the next three goals, with Moses Hitchinson-Pascal, Darryl Light and Inge Carrington on target. But Trojans reached the 20-goal mark before Light scored his second of the match.
Highbury travel to Kent on Sunday to face Bearstead in the Promotion Division.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'