Highbury Korfball Club given a lesson as Trojans rack up 20 goals
- Credit: Archant
Swiss Cottage-based Highbury Korfball Club were given a lesson from an experienced Trojans II side, losing 20-7 in the London Regional League.
Hosts Highbury were facing the reserve team of the Premier League champions, and the visitors opened the scoring inside the first minute before taking a 6-0 lead.
After a time out from Highbury coach Andrew Speck, Mirelle Geervliet finally got the home side on the scoresheet with a well-worked long-range effort, but any thoughts of getting back into the game would be short-lived.
Trojans notched a seventh goal before Niccola Hyslop converted a penalty won by Ana Rocha – and the away side then scored a further three to take them into double figures and a 10-2 lead at half-time.
Hyslop briefly narrowed the gap after the break but Trojans were showcasing their sharp shooting skills and notched eight goals without reply to demoralise the Highbury ranks.
You may also want to watch:
The home side restored some pride by scoring the next three goals, with Moses Hitchinson-Pascal, Darryl Light and Inge Carrington on target. But Trojans reached the 20-goal mark before Light scored his second of the match.
Highbury travel to Kent on Sunday to face Bearstead in the Promotion Division.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book