Highbury Korfball Club given a lesson as Trojans rack up 20 goals
- Credit: Archant
Swiss Cottage-based Highbury Korfball Club were given a lesson from an experienced Trojans II side, losing 20-7 in the London Regional League.
Hosts Highbury were facing the reserve team of the Premier League champions, and the visitors opened the scoring inside the first minute before taking a 6-0 lead.
After a time out from Highbury coach Andrew Speck, Mirelle Geervliet finally got the home side on the scoresheet with a well-worked long-range effort, but any thoughts of getting back into the game would be short-lived.
Trojans notched a seventh goal before Niccola Hyslop converted a penalty won by Ana Rocha – and the away side then scored a further three to take them into double figures and a 10-2 lead at half-time.
Hyslop briefly narrowed the gap after the break but Trojans were showcasing their sharp shooting skills and notched eight goals without reply to demoralise the Highbury ranks.
You may also want to watch:
The home side restored some pride by scoring the next three goals, with Moses Hitchinson-Pascal, Darryl Light and Inge Carrington on target. But Trojans reached the 20-goal mark before Light scored his second of the match.
Highbury travel to Kent on Sunday to face Bearstead in the Promotion Division.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally