Highbury Korfball Club extend winning run to six games
- Credit: Archant
Highbury produced another high-scoring display to see off bottom side Mitcham 19-13 and secure their sixth successive victory in the London Regional League, moving up to third place in the table.
Swiss Cottage-based Highbury got off to the best possible start with a goal from Martin Petrie but the visitors’ lead was short-lived as Mitcham found their range, hitting three unanswered goals.
Niccola Hyslop, Petrie and Dennis Hartsink replied with long- range efforts to get Highbury back into the lead, 4-3 up.
However, Mitcham’s shooting was clincial and was posing a real threat to Highbury. The teams traded goals from 4-4 to 6-6, but the away team then got two in a row through Hyslop and Matthew Dodds.
Leonie Ansems de Vries extended the lead and, although Mitcham pulled one back, Dodds struck twice more and Hartsink also hit the target to put Highbury in control.
You may also want to watch:
Mitcham got back into the game again with two goals and, while Dodds added another one to Highbury’s tally, the hosts scored another double to narrow the deficit to just two. But that scare kicked Highbury into life and Dodds, Hyslop and Amy Redston all struck without reply.
Mitcham clawed another goal back, but the Highbury onslaught continued with further goals from Hyslop, Hartsink and substitute Darry Light before Mitcham got the final goal of the game.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 8 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
Highbury are in Promotion Division action on Sunday against Croydon.