Highbury captain eclipses Supernova’s stars to secure place in Promotion Division
- Credit: Archant
Captain Moses Hutchinson-Pascal scored seven times as Highbury Korfball Club continued their excellent form with a convincing 23-7 victory over Supernova in the London Regional League, inflicting their visitors’ biggest defeat of the season.
Having dominated from start to finish, Swiss Cottage-based Highbury remain fourth in the the table and have now secured their place in next season’s Promotion Division with three matches to go.
Highbury raced into a 5-0 lead early on, with Rennan Fonseca, Hutchinson-Pascal, Leonie Ansems De Vries, Jean Ayres and Amy Redston all getting on the scoresheet for the home side.
Supernova did briefly get back into the match at 5-3, but Highbury were playing too well to let them build up any more momentum and Hutchinson-Pascal, Fonseca and De Vries grabbed their second goals to put the hosts firmly in command again.
Supernova pulled one more back but four further strikes from Hutchinson-Pascal, a goal from Niccola Hyslop and another for De Vries – with just one in reply from Supernova – put Highbury 14-5 ahead at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The frequency of goals slowed down in the second half, with Supernova notching just two more in the whole half, but Highbury still managed to add nine to their own score through seven different players.
Hutchinson-Pascal scored his seventh and Fonseca and Ayres added to their tallies.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
Substitutes Dennis Hartsink, Martin Petrie and Eleanor Kentish all got in on the act after coming off the bench before Ana Rocha rounded off the victory with the final goal of the game.
Highbury face the bottom side Mitcham on Sunday.