Hendon back in training ahead of new rugby season
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Club gearing up for new Herts/Middlesex One campaign
The start of the new Herts/Middlesex One season may still be a few weeks away, but Hendon are already back in training ahead of the new campaign.
Training at their base at Copthall Playing Fields, the first and second XVs have been put through their paces by new head coach Phil Smith.
The intensity of the sessions will be stepped up in August, but Smith is pleased with what he has seen so far.
“I have been made most welcome at Hendon and already have had a positive response from around 40 players that have attended so far,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“A number of new players have arrived and expectations for the coming season look positive, so to those uncommitted players looking to join a vibrant club, please come along and enjoy some stimulating training sessions.”
Training takes place every Wednesday night at Copthall Playing Fields, with players asked to arrive at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 6 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 7 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 8 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect