Hendon back in training ahead of new rugby season
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Club gearing up for new Herts/Middlesex One campaign
The start of the new Herts/Middlesex One season may still be a few weeks away, but Hendon are already back in training ahead of the new campaign.
Training at their base at Copthall Playing Fields, the first and second XVs have been put through their paces by new head coach Phil Smith.
The intensity of the sessions will be stepped up in August, but Smith is pleased with what he has seen so far.
“I have been made most welcome at Hendon and already have had a positive response from around 40 players that have attended so far,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“A number of new players have arrived and expectations for the coming season look positive, so to those uncommitted players looking to join a vibrant club, please come along and enjoy some stimulating training sessions.”
Training takes place every Wednesday night at Copthall Playing Fields, with players asked to arrive at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath