Hendon back in training ahead of new rugby season
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Club gearing up for new Herts/Middlesex One campaign
The start of the new Herts/Middlesex One season may still be a few weeks away, but Hendon are already back in training ahead of the new campaign.
Training at their base at Copthall Playing Fields, the first and second XVs have been put through their paces by new head coach Phil Smith.
The intensity of the sessions will be stepped up in August, but Smith is pleased with what he has seen so far.
“I have been made most welcome at Hendon and already have had a positive response from around 40 players that have attended so far,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“A number of new players have arrived and expectations for the coming season look positive, so to those uncommitted players looking to join a vibrant club, please come along and enjoy some stimulating training sessions.”
Training takes place every Wednesday night at Copthall Playing Fields, with players asked to arrive at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 9 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote