Hendon back in training ahead of new rugby season
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Club gearing up for new Herts/Middlesex One campaign
The start of the new Herts/Middlesex One season may still be a few weeks away, but Hendon are already back in training ahead of the new campaign.
Training at their base at Copthall Playing Fields, the first and second XVs have been put through their paces by new head coach Phil Smith.
The intensity of the sessions will be stepped up in August, but Smith is pleased with what he has seen so far.
“I have been made most welcome at Hendon and already have had a positive response from around 40 players that have attended so far,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“A number of new players have arrived and expectations for the coming season look positive, so to those uncommitted players looking to join a vibrant club, please come along and enjoy some stimulating training sessions.”
Training takes place every Wednesday night at Copthall Playing Fields, with players asked to arrive at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke