Hendon's misery continues with single-goal defeat at Dartford
Dartford 1 Hendon 0 HENDON s miserable season continued when they lost their Ryman League premier division clash with 10-man Dartford at Princes Park on Saturday. Four days earlier the Dons crashed out of the Isthmian Cup, losing 2-0 to Harrow Borou
Dartford 1 Hendon 0
HENDON's miserable season continued when they lost their Ryman League premier division clash with 10-man Dartford at Princes Park on Saturday.
Four days earlier the Dons crashed out of the Isthmian Cup, losing 2-0 to Harrow Borough at Vale Farm.
On Saturday, Hendon struggled from the outset, continually failing to break through Dartford's defence. The home side were reduced to 10 men when James White was red-carded for raising an elbow when tackling Lee O'Leary in the 30th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Yet Hendon failed to benefit and the scoreline remained goalless at the break.
In the second half the hosts upped the tempo and were awarded a penalty for a foul in the box in the 74th minute.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
Skipper Tommy Osborne made no mistake with the resulting spot-kick for the game's only goal.
Four days earlier, Hendon produced a lacklustre first half against Harrow and the scoreline remained 0-0 at half-time.
But Harrow substitute Gary Noel set the game alight when he netted a second half brace, the first in the 50th minute and another in the closing minute.
Hendon are away to Harlow Town in the league on Tuesday.