Hendon's misery continues with single-goal defeat at Dartford
Dartford 1 Hendon 0 HENDON s miserable season continued when they lost their Ryman League premier division clash with 10-man Dartford at Princes Park on Saturday. Four days earlier the Dons crashed out of the Isthmian Cup, losing 2-0 to Harrow Borou
Dartford 1 Hendon 0
HENDON's miserable season continued when they lost their Ryman League premier division clash with 10-man Dartford at Princes Park on Saturday.
Four days earlier the Dons crashed out of the Isthmian Cup, losing 2-0 to Harrow Borough at Vale Farm.
On Saturday, Hendon struggled from the outset, continually failing to break through Dartford's defence. The home side were reduced to 10 men when James White was red-carded for raising an elbow when tackling Lee O'Leary in the 30th minute.
Yet Hendon failed to benefit and the scoreline remained goalless at the break.
In the second half the hosts upped the tempo and were awarded a penalty for a foul in the box in the 74th minute.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 8 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 9 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 10 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
Skipper Tommy Osborne made no mistake with the resulting spot-kick for the game's only goal.
Four days earlier, Hendon produced a lacklustre first half against Harrow and the scoreline remained 0-0 at half-time.
But Harrow substitute Gary Noel set the game alight when he netted a second half brace, the first in the 50th minute and another in the closing minute.
Hendon are away to Harlow Town in the league on Tuesday.