Hendon rugby club return to full training after Covid-19 pandemic
Hendon RFC have commenced training for the upcoming season at their home ground at Copthall Playing Fields.
Phil Smith, Hendon’s director of rugby, said: “Players have returned and looking forward to a full contact Rugby Season which has been impossible over the last 16 months due to Covid-19.
"We finished on a high on the March 14, 2020 after winning the London and South East Division Vase Trophy at Allianz Park (now StoneX Stadium) and being promoted as League Champions.
"Last season 20/21 no full contact rugby was played, as community rugby, when allowed, was played as a touch-only sport and then in May 2021 for a few weeks we played under an adapted laws format without scrums and mauls.
"With training now under way, Hendon are preparing for their first season in the Divisional League and I am delighted to report on the appointment of two further coaches for the men and currently seeking another for our newly formed women’s squad.”
You may also want to watch:
Training has commenced on Wednesday evenings at the club and recruitment for additional players is under way as Hendon will be fielding two senior men’s teams with an additional vets along with a women’ Team.
Once the season commences, Hendon have the added bonus of switching training on a Wednesday to Saracens StoneX Stadium with its artificial pitch and full spec Floodlights.
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 5 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 6 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 7 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Fixture Secretary Craig Silver has confirmed pre-season games against Luton and Stockwood Park before the first league match at home on September 18 against Finchley.
Club Secretary Liam Murphy can be contacted for all new women and men via hendonrfc.com or email@example.com