Hendon finish first stage of league campaign with home win over Thamesians
- Credit: Archant
Hendon finished the first stage of their Herts/Middlesex Division Two campaign with a 22-12 home win over Thamesians, leaving them third in the table as the league splits into two sections.
The top six teams will now break away to form a mini-league, with the table being recalculated so that only their results against each other will count.
The Dons are expected to remain third after the standings are updated, and the top two teams will be promoted.
Hendon fell behind midway through the first half on Saturday as an intercepted pass allowed a Thamesians winger to race away and open the scoring against the run of play.
However, Paul Geraghty forced his way over the line from a maul following a line-out, and Mike Evans-Jones added the extras before intercepting a pass himself, crossing the whitewash and kicking another conversion.
You may also want to watch:
That put Hendon 17-5 up at the break and another maul from a line-out resulted in a try for hooker Chris Towndrow, although the Dons’ ambition in attempting to grab a bonus point backfired as they conceded before the end.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 9 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day