Hendon finish first stage of league campaign with home win over Thamesians
- Credit: Archant
Hendon finished the first stage of their Herts/Middlesex Division Two campaign with a 22-12 home win over Thamesians, leaving them third in the table as the league splits into two sections.
The top six teams will now break away to form a mini-league, with the table being recalculated so that only their results against each other will count.
The Dons are expected to remain third after the standings are updated, and the top two teams will be promoted.
Hendon fell behind midway through the first half on Saturday as an intercepted pass allowed a Thamesians winger to race away and open the scoring against the run of play.
However, Paul Geraghty forced his way over the line from a maul following a line-out, and Mike Evans-Jones added the extras before intercepting a pass himself, crossing the whitewash and kicking another conversion.
You may also want to watch:
That put Hendon 17-5 up at the break and another maul from a line-out resulted in a try for hooker Chris Towndrow, although the Dons’ ambition in attempting to grab a bonus point backfired as they conceded before the end.
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 4 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 9 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London