Hendon fight back from two goals down to secure a second successive draw
- Credit: Archant
Hendon fought back from two goals down in the final 20 minutes to secure their second successive draw at home on Tuesday evening.
Having tied 1-1 with Enfield at Silver Jubilee Park on Saturday, after a Sam Murphy penalty, the Dons found themselves 2-0 down at half-time against eighth-placed Folkestone Invicta in midweek.
But Casey Maclaren headed home early in the second half and, although the visitors re-established their two-goal cushion and led 3-1 in the 70th minute, Gary McCann’s Greens battled back.
Murphy scored his second penalty in the space of four days after Karl Oliyide was fouled in the box, and Kezie Ibe then bundled in an equaliser with 10 minutes to go.
Meanwhile, Wingate & Finchley’s four-match winning run was ended on Saturday as they suffered a 2-1 defeat at Lowestoft Town, who moved four points ahead of them in the midtable standings.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues trailed 2-0 with 10 minutes left and, although Max Kyte halved the deficit, Keith Rowland’s side were unable to grab a leveller.
W&F are now preparing to visit National League South outfit Wealdstone in the first round of the FA Trophy on Saturday.
- 1 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 2 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
Elsewhere, Haringey Borough’s charge towards the Division One North play-off spots was halted on Saturday as they went down 5-2 away at VCD Athletic.