Hendon fight back from two goals down to secure a second successive draw
- Credit: Archant
Hendon fought back from two goals down in the final 20 minutes to secure their second successive draw at home on Tuesday evening.
Having tied 1-1 with Enfield at Silver Jubilee Park on Saturday, after a Sam Murphy penalty, the Dons found themselves 2-0 down at half-time against eighth-placed Folkestone Invicta in midweek.
But Casey Maclaren headed home early in the second half and, although the visitors re-established their two-goal cushion and led 3-1 in the 70th minute, Gary McCann’s Greens battled back.
Murphy scored his second penalty in the space of four days after Karl Oliyide was fouled in the box, and Kezie Ibe then bundled in an equaliser with 10 minutes to go.
Meanwhile, Wingate & Finchley’s four-match winning run was ended on Saturday as they suffered a 2-1 defeat at Lowestoft Town, who moved four points ahead of them in the midtable standings.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues trailed 2-0 with 10 minutes left and, although Max Kyte halved the deficit, Keith Rowland’s side were unable to grab a leveller.
W&F are now preparing to visit National League South outfit Wealdstone in the first round of the FA Trophy on Saturday.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
Elsewhere, Haringey Borough’s charge towards the Division One North play-off spots was halted on Saturday as they went down 5-2 away at VCD Athletic.