Hendon fight back from two goals down to secure a second successive draw
- Credit: Archant
Hendon fought back from two goals down in the final 20 minutes to secure their second successive draw at home on Tuesday evening.
Having tied 1-1 with Enfield at Silver Jubilee Park on Saturday, after a Sam Murphy penalty, the Dons found themselves 2-0 down at half-time against eighth-placed Folkestone Invicta in midweek.
But Casey Maclaren headed home early in the second half and, although the visitors re-established their two-goal cushion and led 3-1 in the 70th minute, Gary McCann’s Greens battled back.
Murphy scored his second penalty in the space of four days after Karl Oliyide was fouled in the box, and Kezie Ibe then bundled in an equaliser with 10 minutes to go.
Meanwhile, Wingate & Finchley’s four-match winning run was ended on Saturday as they suffered a 2-1 defeat at Lowestoft Town, who moved four points ahead of them in the midtable standings.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues trailed 2-0 with 10 minutes left and, although Max Kyte halved the deficit, Keith Rowland’s side were unable to grab a leveller.
W&F are now preparing to visit National League South outfit Wealdstone in the first round of the FA Trophy on Saturday.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
Elsewhere, Haringey Borough’s charge towards the Division One North play-off spots was halted on Saturday as they went down 5-2 away at VCD Athletic.