Hendon fight back from two goals down to secure a second successive draw
- Credit: Archant
Hendon fought back from two goals down in the final 20 minutes to secure their second successive draw at home on Tuesday evening.
Having tied 1-1 with Enfield at Silver Jubilee Park on Saturday, after a Sam Murphy penalty, the Dons found themselves 2-0 down at half-time against eighth-placed Folkestone Invicta in midweek.
But Casey Maclaren headed home early in the second half and, although the visitors re-established their two-goal cushion and led 3-1 in the 70th minute, Gary McCann’s Greens battled back.
Murphy scored his second penalty in the space of four days after Karl Oliyide was fouled in the box, and Kezie Ibe then bundled in an equaliser with 10 minutes to go.
Meanwhile, Wingate & Finchley’s four-match winning run was ended on Saturday as they suffered a 2-1 defeat at Lowestoft Town, who moved four points ahead of them in the midtable standings.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues trailed 2-0 with 10 minutes left and, although Max Kyte halved the deficit, Keith Rowland’s side were unable to grab a leveller.
W&F are now preparing to visit National League South outfit Wealdstone in the first round of the FA Trophy on Saturday.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Elsewhere, Haringey Borough’s charge towards the Division One North play-off spots was halted on Saturday as they went down 5-2 away at VCD Athletic.