Hendon fight back from two goals down to secure a second successive draw

Casey Maclaren heads home to score the first of Hendon's three second-half goals at Silver Jubilee P

Casey Maclaren heads home to score the first of Hendon's three second-half goals at Silver Jubilee Park on Tuesday night. Picture: DBeechPhotography - Credit: Archant

Hendon fought back from two goals down in the final 20 minutes to secure their second successive draw at home on Tuesday evening.

Having tied 1-1 with Enfield at Silver Jubilee Park on Saturday, after a Sam Murphy penalty, the Dons found themselves 2-0 down at half-time against eighth-placed Folkestone Invicta in midweek.

But Casey Maclaren headed home early in the second half and, although the visitors re-established their two-goal cushion and led 3-1 in the 70th minute, Gary McCann’s Greens battled back.

Murphy scored his second penalty in the space of four days after Karl Oliyide was fouled in the box, and Kezie Ibe then bundled in an equaliser with 10 minutes to go.

Meanwhile, Wingate & Finchley’s four-match winning run was ended on Saturday as they suffered a 2-1 defeat at Lowestoft Town, who moved four points ahead of them in the midtable standings.

You may also want to watch:

The Blues trailed 2-0 with 10 minutes left and, although Max Kyte halved the deficit, Keith Rowland’s side were unable to grab a leveller.

W&F are now preparing to visit National League South outfit Wealdstone in the first round of the FA Trophy on Saturday.

Most Read

Elsewhere, Haringey Borough’s charge towards the Division One North play-off spots was halted on Saturday as they went down 5-2 away at VCD Athletic.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus