Heathside enjoy a good Weston
LONDON Heathside's boys and girls Under-13s teams both won silver medals in the county road relay championships at Hillingdon. The boys' team of Jasper Crockford, Max Heap and Max Robertson...
LONDON Heathside's boys and girls Under-13s teams both won silver medals in the county road relay championships at Hillingdon.
The boys' team of Jasper Crockford, Max Heap and Max Robertson covered the three-times 3000m course in 37min17secs.
The girls, meanwhile, covered the same distance in a creditable 46.08 with Genevieve Weston the outstanding member of the trio, which also comprised Lily Beckford and Anis Easton.
In midweek one of the final track meetings of the summer was the open meeting at Parliament Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Although bright and mild it was very windy, which made it difficult for those running 400m or more, though Mike Abrahams impressed in only his second attempt over one lap in the veteran over-50 section.
However, the wind was in the right direction to be very useful for the sprinters, allowing Remel Wickham to improve her own club record in the 100m.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill