Heathside enjoy a good Weston
LONDON Heathside's boys and girls Under-13s teams both won silver medals in the county road relay championships at Hillingdon. The boys' team of Jasper Crockford, Max Heap and Max Robertson...
LONDON Heathside's boys and girls Under-13s teams both won silver medals in the county road relay championships at Hillingdon.
The boys' team of Jasper Crockford, Max Heap and Max Robertson covered the three-times 3000m course in 37min17secs.
The girls, meanwhile, covered the same distance in a creditable 46.08 with Genevieve Weston the outstanding member of the trio, which also comprised Lily Beckford and Anis Easton.
In midweek one of the final track meetings of the summer was the open meeting at Parliament Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Although bright and mild it was very windy, which made it difficult for those running 400m or more, though Mike Abrahams impressed in only his second attempt over one lap in the veteran over-50 section.
However, the wind was in the right direction to be very useful for the sprinters, allowing Remel Wickham to improve her own club record in the 100m.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 5 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 6 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 7 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 8 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 9 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals