Heathside enjoy a good Weston
LONDON Heathside's boys and girls Under-13s teams both won silver medals in the county road relay championships at Hillingdon. The boys' team of Jasper Crockford, Max Heap and Max Robertson...
LONDON Heathside's boys and girls Under-13s teams both won silver medals in the county road relay championships at Hillingdon.
The boys' team of Jasper Crockford, Max Heap and Max Robertson covered the three-times 3000m course in 37min17secs.
The girls, meanwhile, covered the same distance in a creditable 46.08 with Genevieve Weston the outstanding member of the trio, which also comprised Lily Beckford and Anis Easton.
In midweek one of the final track meetings of the summer was the open meeting at Parliament Hill.
You may also want to watch:
Although bright and mild it was very windy, which made it difficult for those running 400m or more, though Mike Abrahams impressed in only his second attempt over one lap in the veteran over-50 section.
However, the wind was in the right direction to be very useful for the sprinters, allowing Remel Wickham to improve her own club record in the 100m.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 6 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 9 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze