Haverstock take gold at British championships
HAVERSTOCK Fencing Club excelled at the British Fencing Championships, winning gold in the Men s team competition along with silver in the women s team and bronze in the men s individual events. The men s team of Alastair Gerrard, Nick Perry, James Thornt
HAVERSTOCK Fencing Club excelled at the British Fencing Championships, winning gold in the Men's team competition along with silver in the women's team and bronze in the men's individual events.
The men's team of Alastair Gerrard, Nick Perry, James Thornton and Greg Allen came from behind to win gold and bag their tenth British Team Championship since 1997.
The men's bronze went to Allen, who went down by a single point to the eventual champion who is ranked in the world top 20.
The ladies team of Juliet Perry, Lizzie Highton, Harriet Lamborn and Georgina Usher were runners up, losing narrowly in the final to very strong opponents that included a former world number 5.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere Salle Paul's Alex Tofalides (pictured above right) finished seventh in the men's foil in the first Youth Olympic Games that were contested in Singapore last week.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town