Haverstock take gold at British championships
HAVERSTOCK Fencing Club excelled at the British Fencing Championships, winning gold in the Men s team competition along with silver in the women s team and bronze in the men s individual events. The men s team of Alastair Gerrard, Nick Perry, James Thornt
HAVERSTOCK Fencing Club excelled at the British Fencing Championships, winning gold in the Men's team competition along with silver in the women's team and bronze in the men's individual events.
The men's team of Alastair Gerrard, Nick Perry, James Thornton and Greg Allen came from behind to win gold and bag their tenth British Team Championship since 1997.
The men's bronze went to Allen, who went down by a single point to the eventual champion who is ranked in the world top 20.
The ladies team of Juliet Perry, Lizzie Highton, Harriet Lamborn and Georgina Usher were runners up, losing narrowly in the final to very strong opponents that included a former world number 5.
Elsewhere Salle Paul's Alex Tofalides (pictured above right) finished seventh in the men's foil in the first Youth Olympic Games that were contested in Singapore last week.
- 1 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 2 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 3 CCTV: ‘Violent’ Archway Road shop robbery
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 8 'Looking for '70s or '80s clothing? Here is a north London gem'
- 9 Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after blaze destroys Abbey Road flat