Haverstock take gold at British championships
HAVERSTOCK Fencing Club excelled at the British Fencing Championships, winning gold in the Men s team competition along with silver in the women s team and bronze in the men s individual events. The men s team of Alastair Gerrard, Nick Perry, James Thornt
HAVERSTOCK Fencing Club excelled at the British Fencing Championships, winning gold in the Men's team competition along with silver in the women's team and bronze in the men's individual events.
The men's team of Alastair Gerrard, Nick Perry, James Thornton and Greg Allen came from behind to win gold and bag their tenth British Team Championship since 1997.
The men's bronze went to Allen, who went down by a single point to the eventual champion who is ranked in the world top 20.
The ladies team of Juliet Perry, Lizzie Highton, Harriet Lamborn and Georgina Usher were runners up, losing narrowly in the final to very strong opponents that included a former world number 5.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere Salle Paul's Alex Tofalides (pictured above right) finished seventh in the men's foil in the first Youth Olympic Games that were contested in Singapore last week.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'