Harris Academy St John’s Wood win basketball title
- Credit: Archant
The latest sports news from Harris Academy St John’s Wood
The Harris Academy St John’s Wood under-14 basketball team had plenty to celebrate after winning the London Basketball Association (LBA) Westminster League title.
After progressing through the play-offs and semi-finals, Harris Academy struck gold after beating St Augustine School in the final.
The basketball programme at Harris Academy is run by Greenhouse Sports, a sport-for-development charity that places inspirational coaches within schools to help youngsters progress as players and as people.
The basketball programme at Harris Academy St John’s Wood is supported by players of the People’s Postcode Lottery.
You may also want to watch:
Greenhouse Sports coach Jerome Jack, who works full-time at Harris, said: “We didn’t even make it to the playoffs last year, but the boys have turned the programme around within a year.
“They have worked so hard throughout the year, but it has paid off and they are on top this year - the future is bright!”
For more information about Greenhouse Sports, visit greenhousesports.org.
- 1 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 2 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 3 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 4 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 5 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report