Harris Academy St John’s Wood win basketball title
- Credit: Archant
The latest sports news from Harris Academy St John’s Wood
The Harris Academy St John’s Wood under-14 basketball team had plenty to celebrate after winning the London Basketball Association (LBA) Westminster League title.
After progressing through the play-offs and semi-finals, Harris Academy struck gold after beating St Augustine School in the final.
The basketball programme at Harris Academy is run by Greenhouse Sports, a sport-for-development charity that places inspirational coaches within schools to help youngsters progress as players and as people.
The basketball programme at Harris Academy St John’s Wood is supported by players of the People’s Postcode Lottery.
You may also want to watch:
Greenhouse Sports coach Jerome Jack, who works full-time at Harris, said: “We didn’t even make it to the playoffs last year, but the boys have turned the programme around within a year.
“They have worked so hard throughout the year, but it has paid off and they are on top this year - the future is bright!”
For more information about Greenhouse Sports, visit greenhousesports.org.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate