Harris Academy St John’s Wood win basketball title
- Credit: Archant
The latest sports news from Harris Academy St John’s Wood
The Harris Academy St John’s Wood under-14 basketball team had plenty to celebrate after winning the London Basketball Association (LBA) Westminster League title.
After progressing through the play-offs and semi-finals, Harris Academy struck gold after beating St Augustine School in the final.
The basketball programme at Harris Academy is run by Greenhouse Sports, a sport-for-development charity that places inspirational coaches within schools to help youngsters progress as players and as people.
The basketball programme at Harris Academy St John’s Wood is supported by players of the People’s Postcode Lottery.
You may also want to watch:
Greenhouse Sports coach Jerome Jack, who works full-time at Harris, said: “We didn’t even make it to the playoffs last year, but the boys have turned the programme around within a year.
“They have worked so hard throughout the year, but it has paid off and they are on top this year - the future is bright!”
For more information about Greenhouse Sports, visit greenhousesports.org.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's