Harris Academy St John’s Wood win basketball title
- Credit: Archant
The latest sports news from Harris Academy St John’s Wood
The Harris Academy St John’s Wood under-14 basketball team had plenty to celebrate after winning the London Basketball Association (LBA) Westminster League title.
After progressing through the play-offs and semi-finals, Harris Academy struck gold after beating St Augustine School in the final.
The basketball programme at Harris Academy is run by Greenhouse Sports, a sport-for-development charity that places inspirational coaches within schools to help youngsters progress as players and as people.
The basketball programme at Harris Academy St John’s Wood is supported by players of the People’s Postcode Lottery.
You may also want to watch:
Greenhouse Sports coach Jerome Jack, who works full-time at Harris, said: “We didn’t even make it to the playoffs last year, but the boys have turned the programme around within a year.
“They have worked so hard throughout the year, but it has paid off and they are on top this year - the future is bright!”
For more information about Greenhouse Sports, visit greenhousesports.org.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 10 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents