Harriet, 11, becomes yongest-ever winner of women's final
Harriet Dart became the youngest winner of the Cumberland women s title when she beat Gemma O Donoghue in straight sets on Saturday. Dart, 11, the British No.4 in her age group, lived up to her top seeding, winning 6-3, 6-1. Dart also reached the final
Harriet Dart became the youngest winner of the Cumberland women's title when she beat Gemma O' Donoghue in straight sets on Saturday.
Dart, 11, the British No.4 in her age group, lived up to her top seeding, winning 6-3, 6-1.
Dart also reached the final of the mixed doubles with coach Paul Smart where they lost 6-4, 6-4 to John Taylor and Gillian Card.
The men's title was won by Pierre Pourquery, who upset the No 1 seed Colin Taylor, 6-3, 6-4 in the final. Taylor had some consolation in the men's doubles decider where he partnered Flint Sperber to a 6-3, 6-3 win over Russell Howat and Raj Batra.
Other results: men's over-45 singles, Howat beat Batra; women's over-40 singles, Michelle Barber beat Lisa Gershon; men's over-45 doubles, Steve Gershon and Philip Ells beat Mike Marsh and Barry Skelding; women's over-40 doubles, Helena Cotton and Maeve Feeny beat Claudia Goldstein and June Dilley; mixed 40-45 doubles, Lisa Gershon and Ells beat Feeny and Roger Cotton.
In the men's handicap singles Farooq Jaffrey beat Jonathan Potter, women's handicap singles, O'Donoghue beat Yukiko Komachi; men's handicap doubles Serge Krougikoff and Daniel Hill beat Richard Jacobs and Nigel Jacobs and women's handicap doubles, Ros Krougikoff and Katy Mehl beat Valerie Barber and Ginny Ferdinand.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead