Haringey and Wingate find out FA Cup fate
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough have been drawn at home to Staines Town in the second qualifying round of the FA Cup following their progress on the weekend.
Tom Louizou's men will be hoping to continue progressing in the cup competition and try match their success of making it into the first round where they crashed out to AFC Wimbledon last season.
They secured a comfortable 3-0 win in the first qualifying round against Herne Bay thanks to goals from Lionel Stone, Georgios Aresti, and Anthony McDonald to bag themselves £4,500 in prize money.
Neighbours Wingate & Finchley have been handed an away draw against Isthmian North outfit Maldon & Tiptree in the next round.
Steve Clark and his men sealed a 4-1 win over London Colney to progress on the weekend with a brace from Alan Fleming and goals from Tanasheh Abrahams and Alphanso Kennedy.
You may also want to watch:
The next round is due to be played on Saturday, September, 7 as they both look to progress.
The winners will receive £6,750 in prize money while the losers will still get £2,250.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate