Haringey and Wingate find out FA Cup fate
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough have been drawn at home to Staines Town in the second qualifying round of the FA Cup following their progress on the weekend.
Tom Louizou's men will be hoping to continue progressing in the cup competition and try match their success of making it into the first round where they crashed out to AFC Wimbledon last season.
They secured a comfortable 3-0 win in the first qualifying round against Herne Bay thanks to goals from Lionel Stone, Georgios Aresti, and Anthony McDonald to bag themselves £4,500 in prize money.
Neighbours Wingate & Finchley have been handed an away draw against Isthmian North outfit Maldon & Tiptree in the next round.
Steve Clark and his men sealed a 4-1 win over London Colney to progress on the weekend with a brace from Alan Fleming and goals from Tanasheh Abrahams and Alphanso Kennedy.
You may also want to watch:
The next round is due to be played on Saturday, September, 7 as they both look to progress.
The winners will receive £6,750 in prize money while the losers will still get £2,250.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 7 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book