Haringey and Wingate find out FA Cup fate
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough have been drawn at home to Staines Town in the second qualifying round of the FA Cup following their progress on the weekend.
Tom Louizou's men will be hoping to continue progressing in the cup competition and try match their success of making it into the first round where they crashed out to AFC Wimbledon last season.
They secured a comfortable 3-0 win in the first qualifying round against Herne Bay thanks to goals from Lionel Stone, Georgios Aresti, and Anthony McDonald to bag themselves £4,500 in prize money.
Neighbours Wingate & Finchley have been handed an away draw against Isthmian North outfit Maldon & Tiptree in the next round.
Steve Clark and his men sealed a 4-1 win over London Colney to progress on the weekend with a brace from Alan Fleming and goals from Tanasheh Abrahams and Alphanso Kennedy.
You may also want to watch:
The next round is due to be played on Saturday, September, 7 as they both look to progress.
The winners will receive £6,750 in prize money while the losers will still get £2,250.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds