Haringey and Wingate find out FA Cup fate
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough have been drawn at home to Staines Town in the second qualifying round of the FA Cup following their progress on the weekend.
Tom Louizou's men will be hoping to continue progressing in the cup competition and try match their success of making it into the first round where they crashed out to AFC Wimbledon last season.
They secured a comfortable 3-0 win in the first qualifying round against Herne Bay thanks to goals from Lionel Stone, Georgios Aresti, and Anthony McDonald to bag themselves £4,500 in prize money.
Neighbours Wingate & Finchley have been handed an away draw against Isthmian North outfit Maldon & Tiptree in the next round.
Steve Clark and his men sealed a 4-1 win over London Colney to progress on the weekend with a brace from Alan Fleming and goals from Tanasheh Abrahams and Alphanso Kennedy.
You may also want to watch:
The next round is due to be played on Saturday, September, 7 as they both look to progress.
The winners will receive £6,750 in prize money while the losers will still get £2,250.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17