Haringey to host Wimbledon in FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tie to take place over weekend of November 9-12
Haringey Borough will host AFC Wimbledon in the first round proper of this season’s FA Cup.
The draw for the first round was made on Monday evening and was broadcast live on BBC Two.
Boro reached the first round proper for the first time in their history with a 2-1 win at home to Poole Town on Saturday.
As a reward, Tom Loizou’s men will welcome the Dons, who ply their trade in Sky Bet League One.
You may also want to watch:
Though the current Wimbledon have yet to win the competition, the old Crazy Gang famously beat Liverpool to lift the trophy in 1988.
Neal Ardley’s men are currently 21st in League One, a full four divisions higher than the Coles Park outfit.
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 6 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 7 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 8 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 9 Parliament Hill Lido Café on 'heartwarming' business life in Hampstead Heath
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside Hornsey block
Ties in the first round proper are scheduled to take place over the weekend of November 9-12, with winners of ties in that round pocketing £36,000 in prize money.
Matches that will be broadcast live on either the BBC or BT Sport will be announced in due course.