Haringey to host Wimbledon in FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tie to take place over weekend of November 9-12
Haringey Borough will host AFC Wimbledon in the first round proper of this season’s FA Cup.
The draw for the first round was made on Monday evening and was broadcast live on BBC Two.
Boro reached the first round proper for the first time in their history with a 2-1 win at home to Poole Town on Saturday.
As a reward, Tom Loizou’s men will welcome the Dons, who ply their trade in Sky Bet League One.
You may also want to watch:
Though the current Wimbledon have yet to win the competition, the old Crazy Gang famously beat Liverpool to lift the trophy in 1988.
Neal Ardley’s men are currently 21st in League One, a full four divisions higher than the Coles Park outfit.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 4 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
Ties in the first round proper are scheduled to take place over the weekend of November 9-12, with winners of ties in that round pocketing £36,000 in prize money.
Matches that will be broadcast live on either the BBC or BT Sport will be announced in due course.