Haringey to host Wimbledon in FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tie to take place over weekend of November 9-12
Haringey Borough will host AFC Wimbledon in the first round proper of this season’s FA Cup.
The draw for the first round was made on Monday evening and was broadcast live on BBC Two.
Boro reached the first round proper for the first time in their history with a 2-1 win at home to Poole Town on Saturday.
As a reward, Tom Loizou’s men will welcome the Dons, who ply their trade in Sky Bet League One.
Though the current Wimbledon have yet to win the competition, the old Crazy Gang famously beat Liverpool to lift the trophy in 1988.
Neal Ardley’s men are currently 21st in League One, a full four divisions higher than the Coles Park outfit.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 3 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 4 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 5 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 6 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 7 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 8 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust
- 9 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 10 'Facile questions and ludicrous voices of opposition for "balance"'
Ties in the first round proper are scheduled to take place over the weekend of November 9-12, with winners of ties in that round pocketing £36,000 in prize money.
Matches that will be broadcast live on either the BBC or BT Sport will be announced in due course.