Haringey to host Wimbledon in FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tie to take place over weekend of November 9-12
Haringey Borough will host AFC Wimbledon in the first round proper of this season’s FA Cup.
The draw for the first round was made on Monday evening and was broadcast live on BBC Two.
Boro reached the first round proper for the first time in their history with a 2-1 win at home to Poole Town on Saturday.
As a reward, Tom Loizou’s men will welcome the Dons, who ply their trade in Sky Bet League One.
You may also want to watch:
Though the current Wimbledon have yet to win the competition, the old Crazy Gang famously beat Liverpool to lift the trophy in 1988.
Neal Ardley’s men are currently 21st in League One, a full four divisions higher than the Coles Park outfit.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 8 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Redeveloping pubs and shops steals value from surrounding homes
Ties in the first round proper are scheduled to take place over the weekend of November 9-12, with winners of ties in that round pocketing £36,000 in prize money.
Matches that will be broadcast live on either the BBC or BT Sport will be announced in due course.